Nord 3P modifications for external inputs!?

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
Naughty Nord 4P
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P
Sweden

Nord 3P modifications for external inputs!?

Post by Naughty Nord 4P »

Hello,

Anyone know of people who modify synths in the Nordics/Europe?

I have a Nord drum 3P and have been looking to get it modified due to the fact that the pads wires short out and have become a major headache for me. I have sent the unit to Clavia 4 times for the same repairs. Totally sick of this s****.

The attached pictures is essentially what I would like. Added trigger inputs instead of using the pads. the only change I would want to have is x6 3.5mm trigger inputs instead of the commonly used 1/4 jacks.

I would like 6, rear 3.5mm trigger inputs installed and the pads removed. My goal is to be able to play the unit with external pads, 6 external triggers (installed 3.5mm trigger inputs) so I can have Roland pads in different areas on my drum kit, or if I feel like it, plug in triggers for the bass or snare drum to trigger the Nord sounds. Pretty much making the Nord drum 3P a desktop unit.

I spoke with the person who had the modification done in the attached pictures and he stated that Nord left this type of modification as a possibility in the unit. Not sure how true that is but looks to be a possibility since its been done before.

Im located in EU and am willing to send within EU for this modification. Unfortunately it seems that anyone I reach out to dont want to do this mod or just dont know how to do it. But clearly its been done so its possible. Some people Ive reached out to seems to not want to drill the holes or they dont know if its even possible and some quote me the price of the modification but its as much as the unit costs. Kind of ridiculous IMHO.

I cant solder and know nothing about internal electronics.

Thank you!
Attachments
Seller of this modified unit did what im wanting to do.<br />We spoke and he told me how he did it and says Nord left this as a possibility on the circuit board.
Seller of this modified unit did what im wanting to do.
We spoke and he told me how he did it and says Nord left this as a possibility on the circuit board.
1000006662.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 254 times
Seller of this modified unit did what im wanting to do.<br />We spoke and he told me how he did it and says Nord left this as a possibility on the circuit board.
We spoke and he told me how he did it and says Nord left this as a possibility on the circuit board.
1000006661.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 254 times
1000006663.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 254 times
1000006666.jpg
1000006666.jpg (101.17 KiB) Viewed 254 times
1000006665.jpg
1000006665.jpg (286.62 KiB) Viewed 254 times
1000006664.jpg
1000006664.jpg (113.72 KiB) Viewed 254 times
littletinymonkey
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
United States of America

Re: Nord 3P modifications for external inputs!?

Post by littletinymonkey »

Sorry that I cannot help, but I wanted to suggest that you may have some luck posting in https://www.reddit.com/r/synthdiy/

Good luck and please do follow-up here if you succeed!
These users thanked the author littletinymonkey for the post:
Naughty Nord 4P
Naughty Nord 4P
Sweden

littletinymonkey wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:31 Sorry that I cannot help, but I wanted to suggest that you may have some luck posting in https://www.reddit.com/r/synthdiy/
thankfully, Im premenantley banned from reddit. :lol: I wish I could post there. LOL

Ill let you know if I succeed!
Naughty Nord 4P
Sweden

littletinymonkey wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:31 Sorry that I cannot help, but I wanted to suggest that you may have some luck posting in https://www.reddit.com/r/synthdiy/

Good luck and please do follow-up here if you succeed!
No dice at all. No one wants to touch it and they would charge 500$+. Not worth it. Ridiculous its 2024 and a unit like this doesnt exist. Synth companies are out of touch