Stand for Nord Stage 4 for home and gigging?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
shopping_pianos
United States of America

Stand for Nord Stage 4 for home and gigging?

Post by shopping_pianos »

Hi, I'm looking at buying a Nord Stage 4. I also need to get a keyboard stand for it. I will spend 95% of my playing time at home, but occasionally do gigging. I only will use the one keyboard, but would appreciate a second shelf for a laptop, sheet music, etc. But I already have this laptop stand I can use.

I've been debating getting a cheap double-X stand off Craigslist for $25, or something like a $100 foldable Z-stand from Liquid Stands.

I've also thought about getting the Nord-brand Stand itself ($200, like this). I can't tell how the stand is actually setup, though. Do you have to screw/unscrew the connections every time with a screwdriver / portable drill, or are they hand-tightened knobs?

So two questions:

1. How does the Nord stand setup and teardown? Is it relatively convenient for gigging?
2. Any other recommended stands?
Bjosko
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Denmark

Re: Stand for Nord Stage 4 for home and gigging?

Post by Bjosko »

I had the original Nord stand for my first NS88 ( Classic). There is a solid base plate you screw on the bottom of the keyboard more or less permanent with four Phillip screws, and then you screw the four legs into the base plate, so relatively easy to mount and unmont as long as the baseplate stays on the keyboard all the time. But it add a lot to the weight when you want to transport it. There are no option for a second board on top of it. Nowadays I am using K&M stands, 18880 or 18950 with extra arms for a second board, but I know they are expensive in US.
Perhaps it is still possible to order them from Thomann.de , there might be a lot to save, even if the shipping add up a bit.
These users thanked the author Bjosko for the post:
bestpb9
/Bjørn
gitarrenzupfer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Germany

Post by gitarrenzupfer »

Hello,

I use 2 K&M18810s in the studio. One as a triple stand and one for a Studiologic SL 990pro (40 pounds, 88 keys).

What I love about these stands is that they are completely stable and don't wobble in any way. I could easily stand on the stand without fear of it collapsing.

You can remove the rubber feet and this means the stands slide smoothly on carpet (which suits me).

Greetings Olli
125 €
125 €
KM18810.JPG (20.2 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Nord Wave 2, Nord Lead A1, Nord Electro 5D 73 + Studiologic SL990
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by analogika »

I love the K&M 18953 stand.

The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
FZiegler
Donator
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

I have both K&M 18820 (18810 foldable) and 18953 stands - and although they are both great for dual tier use, they differ a lot: The 18820 looks very tidy and organized at home but it needs a flat floor (stage); whereas the 18953 can be adapted to quite uneven surfaces due to the 4 legs with adapter screws on each. In my eyes, the latter is the more professional one which looks way less professional.

But there should be products from the States, too - less shipping costs.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
freetz
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Post by freetz »

I have the Nord branded stand for my stage 4. It works by attaching a base plate to the keyboard (the stage 4 has mount points just for the stand), and then you screw the legs into that.

It’s simple enough to get the legs off for load in/out. The baseplate just stays on the keyboard all the time, and it even has its own rubber feet like the keyboard itself so you can use it without the legs and just put it on a table.
FZiegler
Donator
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

This is a great option, too - quite stylish. But probably with no option for a second tier.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
shopping_pianos
United States of America

Y'all are so helpful and friendly, I really appreciate it! (Somewhat of a rare thing on the internet these days.)

I'll look up all the stands people recommended! I really appreciate the suggestions! In the meantime, I have a couple more questions about the Nord-branded stand.

Bjosko mentioned:
There is a solid base plate you screw on the bottom of the keyboard more or less permanent with four Phillip screws, and then you screw the four legs into the base plate, so relatively easy to mount and unmount as long as the baseplate stays on the keyboard all the time.
If I leave the baseplate on the keyboard, does screwing in the four legs require a screwdriver? Or do they have, like, knobs for hand-tightening?

Also:
But it add a lot to the weight when you want to transport it
Do y'all know how much it weighs? Amazon says 3.3 pounds, but I haven't been able to find any "official" specs anywhere else.
freetz
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Post by freetz »

The legs are hand screwed in. You don’t need any tools once the baseplate is in.
shopping_pianos
United States of America

Thank you Freetz!