Nord piano 5 piano sounds

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
boiiboii
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Singapore

Re: Nord piano 5 piano sounds

Post by boiiboii »

I have the same issue. Just got my Nord Piano 5, two weeks ago.

I suspect that the issue is with the speakers / headphones that I'm using. They are JBL 305P/MKII speakers and AKG BT361, which I thought was pretty good when I tried it.

The White Grand, I feel is a little too bassy, I had to adjust the equalizer but still not as good as what people are playing in youtube, demo. I tried to combine it with Silver Grand or Grand Imperial, not quite there yet.

However, after did a reset to factory setting and I feel, it's slightly better. but I'm still not too convinced.

Please do update if you find a solution.

Thanks,
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
United States of America

Re: Nord piano 5 piano sounds

Post by Gambold »

>but still not as good as what people are playing in youtube<

I've listened to a LOT of Youtube demos (as I'm sure have many here), not just of keyboards but of guitars and guitar amps.

What I've found is that it's a universal truth that Youtube demos are absolutely worthless for presenting how something is going to sound in "real life," or in your home, or anywhere you are actually playing it. Youtube demos have value if the creator has interesting and/or critical things to say about the product. Too bad most of them are just shilling for the manufacturers...but there are a few out there, if you dig enough, that are truly objective.

As for Nord's own samples in their Piano library - even more worthless. I don't listen to them at all for new releases. You've gotta download them and listen to them on your own rig.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth