nordC2 mit BEHRINGER FCB1010

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
MikiC2
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

nordC2 mit BEHRINGER FCB1010

Post by MikiC2 »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to using the Nord C2, but would like to integrate a MIDI foot controller, the Behringer FCB1010, and use the two pedals (for volume and expression) at the same time in every program. Do any of you already have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks MikiC2
Last edited by MikiC2 on 20 May 2024, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Re: nordC2 mit BEHRINGER FCB1010

Post by maxpiano »

Hello and welcome to NUF, this forum language is English only.
Thanks/Danke (EDIT: for having fixed it :thumbup: )
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 May 2024, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
MikiC2
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

MikiC2 wrote: 19 May 2024, 15:48 Hello everyone,

I'm new to using the Nord C2, but would like to integrate a MIDI foot controller, the Behringer FCB1010, and use the two pedals (for volume and expression) at the same time in every program. Do any of you already have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks MikiC2
I have no direct experience, but you can find the list of MIDI CCs managed by Nord C2 in its manual ("MIDI Controllers List" paragrpah), Swell Pedal is CC4 so if you program one of the FCB1010 pedals to send that message it will work as swell.
For Volume instead it should be CC7 (even if that is not explicitly mentioned in the list, if you don't own the FCB yet then I suggest you to first do a test using a computer connected via a MIDI interface to the C2 and an app that can send MIDI CCs, just to be sure or wait for some C2 owner to confirm)
MikiC2
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Post by MikiC2 »

Thank you a lot for your response maxpiano!
I'm just a musician but I have no experience with MIDI whatsoever, could you maybe explain it easier to me, maybe step by step? Do you think it could also work without a computer on the stage?
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5
United States of America

Post by cphollis »

MikiC2 wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 14:26 Thank you a lot for your response maxpiano!
I'm just a musician but I have no experience with MIDI whatsoever, could you maybe explain it easier to me, maybe step by step? Do you think it could also work without a computer on the stage?
You'd probably be best served by finding a Youtube video on this subject, or other beginning tutorial.

The basic idea is commands over a wire: this keypress, that control, etc. Devices can listen and talk over a shared, numbered MIDI channel (0,1,2 ..).

There are two connector types: original five-pin round MIDI connectors, and more modern USB. There are adapters to go from one to the other.

Your hypothetical MIDI foot pedal will hopefully be configurable in what commands it sends over the wire, and over which MIDI channel.

The Nord C2 (and many other keyboards) publish a list of MIDI commands that they will respond to over a shared MIDI channel, including swell pedal among all the other potential commands.

The documentation can often be wrong, though. It can get more complex, as you have to insert a computer into the loop to monitor the conversation that's happening over the wire. Or, some kind forum member might share what the undocumented command might be.

Hope this helps?
I think I have gear issues ....