Piano And Strings Sample Help Needed!

Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.
Lones
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Re: Piano And Strings Sample Help Needed!

Post by Lones »

Hanon_CTS wrote: 10 Jul 2011, 21:13
Tsvetan wrote:Hello there,
I would like to ask all the members of this forum for help.I love my nord electro 3 because it sounds spectacular.I really miss one layered ,Piano and Strings and El. Piano and Strings.If anyone have managed to create a good sample of this layered instruments please help me out and post or send some to my email(tsetso123@gmail.com).I would like to address this question to the whole nord team. They could put that on there website in the sample library. The piano and strings and el piano and strings are very very important for playing pop music and it could be very generous of them to put that on the sample library in addition to the two piano and pad they have already put. Well again please help out this is big for me and i suppose for hundreds more nord electro users.
Thanks In advance and stay cool
Hello Tsvetan,
I'm arguably the most prolific sample creator and sharer on the forum.
What you're asking for is extremely difficult from the perspective of the current set of Nord Sample Editor features.
The first difficulty is being limited to just a single velocity layer for the piano, in other words, it'll be the same piano sound whether you play pp or ff.
The next difficulty will be the strings portion. Like Johannes pointed out, the strings will have to have a loop point after the piano has decayed completely, this will result in an extraordinarily large sample file in the range of 7 to 10 Meg.

I think the better solution would be to get a "box of sounds" like a pre-owned Roland XV-2020 or Kurzweil Micro Ensemble.
These are smaller half rack midi tone module units that have really good strings, and can be had for $200 to $300.

This doesn't mean that I'm not going to try to deliver a good usable piano/ strings layer, because I do love a good challenge ;)

Hopefully I can come up with something.
[edit: Here's what I came up with...
Piano_Strings_Layer.nsmp

The demo was played using my NE3-61.
The piano sound for the sample was the Grand Lady D Steinway LRG and the synth strings was Basic Strings AD from my NSEx.

Cheers, hanon
Dear Hanon, I hope you are well. Your answer was in 2012, but today in 2024 I need the White Grand piano (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... hite-grand) + Floating Pad (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoOtjW3vXZMAkOoSfjF ... Q?e=oM8sTe). Could you also combine them into a .nsmp? Thank you for your help.