Update gone wrong - all data deleted

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
crashcourse
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Update gone wrong - all data deleted

Post by crashcourse »

Hello!

I tried to update my Electro 6 v2.52 to the newest version because the sound manager had some troubles connecting to the keyboard (it worked eventually but took a few attempts). When updating it got stuck while erasing and displayed a time out error notice. Also the newly updated sound manager couldn't connect to the keyboard anymore. I disconnected everything, plugged it in again, switched on the keyboard and it said "OS not found", after that: "Ready For Update." Obviously all the data on the keyboard is gone. Restore didn't work either because the sound manager says "FTP is not supported." Also hitting "store" and "shift" when switching on the keyboard didn't do anything. Does anyone have any idea if there's any chance of getting the Electro back to work?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Update gone wrong - all data deleted

Post by maxpiano »

If the display says "Ready for Update" you need to run again the OS update from the computer; data is probably not gone, but the OS is apparently missing so you cannot use the keyboard until you update it again.
Last edited by maxpiano on 04 May 2024, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post (total 2):
crashcourse, analogika
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

I'd try to find a more reliable USB cable when updating.
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
Berretje
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
crashcourse
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by crashcourse »

maxpiano wrote: 04 May 2024, 16:39 If the display says "Ready for Update" you need to run again the OS update from the computer; data is probably not gone, but the OS is apparently missing so you cannot use the keyboard until you update it again.
ahhhh, thank you so much! I tried everything except this! everything's back to normal! thank you very much, you made my day!
These users thanked the author crashcourse for the post:
analogika