sound dropping out when playing pads

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
BobbyT
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

sound dropping out when playing pads

Post by BobbyT »

Hi- first post as i recently bought the Nord drum 3P.
When playing the pads with drum sticks, I am getting sporadic drop outs where upon striking a pad either the sound cuts out part way through the sound playing or upon striking the pad nothing happens at all. This happens frequently and irregularly (e.g., if I play solid for a minute, this issue will happen anywhere from 4 -7 times). This is a brand new unit (but was the last in store) so before returning it, I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue - having a very quick skim through the forum, I didn't see such an issue mentioned.
I've only owned it for just over a week and havent had much playing time yet - but discovering this issue so early has put a real dampener on the excitement I did have :wtf: .
I should mention that this issue has only presented itself in the last couple of days. Out of the box, it played fine and all was good.. then it started playing up. I have switched audio cables and also tested with headphones in case it was my mixer/output - the fact the issue is present when listening from the 3P on headphones suggests it is the unit. I haven't tried a reset yet as need to work out how to transfer the kits I have made in the firdst couple of sessions.
Have I missed something here? Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas to try?
Thanks - fingers are crossed I get to keep this unit and not return it.
wartaler
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: sound dropping out when playing pads

Post by wartaler »

Hi BobbyT, welcome to the forum!
You tried different cables already, if they are good quality cables, and everything is properly and firmly connected, including the power cable, then I think it's the unit itself, I'd have it checked.. bummer..

Good luck!
Cheers,
Albert
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
BobbyT
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Re: sound dropping out when playing pads

Post by BobbyT »

Thanks Albert - The day I was going to return the unit, it stopped and hasn't repeated the issue. Weird, but it's a weird I can deal with thankfully.
These users thanked the author BobbyT for the post:
wartaler