Nord stage 4 flashing lights ,sections turning on and off

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
jodeemar

Nord stage 4 flashing lights ,sections turning on and off

Post by jodeemar »

Hi there

i have a 12 day old Nord stage 4 which went out for its first gig last night and ten minutes into the gig the whole keyboard start flickering and flashing with the different sections {organ, piano,synth and effects} randomly turning themselves on and off rendering it unusable ,to say i was disappointed is a vast understatement , am i just very unlucky or is there a more widespread problem here ? thankyou in advance for any responses on this subject

john
catosim
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord stage 4 flashing lights ,sections turning on and of

Post by catosim »

Hi. Mine NS4 just stopped working one evening. I’ve had for 10 months, and never had any prior problems.
Haven’t seen many questions regarding this issue, so I don’t think it’s a widespread problem.
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland Jupiter X, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B, Virus Snow
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Post by cphollis »

Lots of NS4s in the field now with surprisingly few reported problems -- nothing systematic.

At one time, there was an issue in the UK with NS3s being subject to unusually rough treatment as part of delivery, which resulted in damaged boxes and loose connector cables. There was one poor fellow who had this happen three times to him. The fix is pretty simple: open the case and snug the connectors, as you would with a desktop computer.
I think I have gear issues ....
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Mr_-G- »

jodeemar wrote:i have a 12 day old Nord stage 4 which went out for its first gig last night and ten minutes into the gig the whole keyboard start flickering and flashing with the different sections {organ, piano,synth and effects} randomly turning themselves on and off rendering it unusable

How did you sort it out? I have a NS2 and something similar happened years ago in a place where I suspect there was a electricity supply problem. I switched it on and off and everything was fine. It never happened again.
jodeemar

Re: Nord stage 4 flashing lights ,sections turning on and off

Post by jodeemar »

Hi there

Thankyou all for your replies

luckily i took some video of the Nord going into Apollo 13 mode at the gig so when i took it back to the shop the next morning they swapped it straight over for a new one they had in stock , The staff was excellent and very helpful but the original one had come from the distribution centre and i really think it was a faulty return that was sent out again

john
These users thanked the author jodeemar for the post:
FZiegler