help Nord half moon switch problem

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
choidain94
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

help Nord half moon switch problem

Post by choidain94 »

Hello, I own a node c2d. I want to attach a node half moon switch and change it from high speed to low speed, but if I turn on stop mode, and change the switch from fast to slow, it doesn't go to slow mode, but only stop mode. How do I solve this problem? I hope the translator went well
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: help Nord half moon switch problem

Post by Tasten-Bert »

Hi choidain

and a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum of nord enthusiasts.

As far as your question is concerned: That’s exactly the way it is intended to function. You can either toggle between fast and slow or, if in STOP MODE, toggle between fast and stop.

Cheers from Germany

Edit: After diving into it - I‘ve read your manual - I must admit that the two posters below are right, the menu setting makes the difference.
Last edited by Tasten-Bert on 28 Apr 2024, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

You should definitely read the manual about it.

I've never tested with stop mode: My NS3 does with the help of a half moon switch all in one setting - go from slow over stop/pause to fast. No need for stop mode. But this only works if I've set the rotary pedal menu point to Half Moon Switch. Not idea if that should be the same with a C2D - but they are close to each other, generation-wise.
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
Schorsch
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

FZiegler wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:21 You should definitely read the manual about it.

I've never tested with stop mode: My NS3 does with the help of a half moon switch all in one setting - go from slow over stop/pause to fast. No need for stop mode. But this only works if I've set the rotary pedal menu point to Half Moon Switch. Not idea if that should be the same with a C2D - but they are close to each other, generation-wise.
Exactly, as C2D manual states it in first pages

Rotary Control input
Used for controlling the rotary speaker’s speed . You can use any stan- dard sustain pedal, switch pedal or the Half Moon Switch accessory . When using the Half Moon Switch accessory you have to configure this as the Rotor Control Type in the System menu . Have a look at page 19 for further instructions .