Nord Rack 2X - Using a step up transformer for power?

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
doctor

Nord Rack 2X - Using a step up transformer for power?

Post by doctor »

hi, I just bought a Nord Rack 2X and it's not working properly--when I turn it on, the display in the bottom left says '--', none of the buttons do anything (the shift functions, the buttons to change waveform and filter types, etc.), demo song doesn't play, it doesn't turn on at all about 1/3rd of the time, etc.

It was listed on reverb however as fully tested and fully functional, and it says in the description, "This item is for 230V. You will need a transformer that compatible your country's voltage," and the store has replied to my message telling me the same thing except this time calling it a "step up transformer."

I don't know anything about voltages or power but I'm using an attachment that allows the (Swedish? Japanese?) power cable that came with the synth to fit into United States power outlets (it's a white plastic thing that goes on the wall plugin part of the cable, and it says 125V on it--do I just need one that says 230V on it, or is Swedish power in 230V and US is in 125V and that's what's being converted, and the point of the attachment is just to let it fit physically into the US outlet? Or is this completely different from a step up transformer? I have no idea).

Anyway I googled 'step up transformer' and it seems like a lot (https://www.amazon.com/step-up-transfor ... ransformer). Does everyone who uses a Nord Lead in non-Swedish countries use these, and if so why can't I find anything online about using them with these synths? Is there a more elegant solution, or is my synth actually just busted? (they seem to have a lot of problems)

thank you
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Rack 2X - Using a step up transformer for power?

Post by maxpiano »

Hi, welcome to NUF; ctually you should be able to change the voltage setting on the Nord PSU, check this post https://www.norduserforum.com/general-n ... 23084.html
Last edited by maxpiano on 17 Apr 2024, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
doctor