Change the category of a sample

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
Wolfgang T
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Change the category of a sample

Post by Wolfgang T »

How do I change the category of a sound of the sample library, loaded in an NORD Keyboard ?

(I have already tried using the Sound Manager APP to move the sound to another category, but without success)
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Change the category of a sample

Post by Schorsch »

I don’t believe you can since the category is applied when creating the sample afaik. You would therefor have to recreate the sample with NSE and apply a different sample category, or find a way to identify where the category is stored in the sample by using a hex editor, and how the different categories are coded, and then change the binary file accordingly - quite some work to identify the differences
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Wolfgang T
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Change the category of a sample

Post by Wolfgang T »

Schorsch wrote:I don’t believe you can since the category is applied when creating the sample afaik. You would therefor have to recreate the sample with NSE and apply a different sample category, or find a way to identify where the category is stored in the sample by using a hex editor, and how the different categories are coded, and then change the binary file accordingly - quite some work to identify the differences
Thanks for the quick reply.

I was already afraid that it would only be possible via complicated detours... that's really pity !