Effects loop?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
wkrbee
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1
United States of America

Effects loop?

Post by wkrbee »

Wild shot in the dark. Any way to add an effects loop to the NS3? Can't stand the "Overdrive" but putting a outboard one on the output ends up having it after the Leslie sim. I thought about taking i+2 outputs running to outboard gear and sending it back in the Aux input, but that would probably create a feedback loop. Maybe routing out 3+4 and using the Aux input and having 1+2 as the outputs?
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Re: Effects loop?

Post by WannitBBBad »

Unfortunately there isn't any way to be able to insert an external effect into the signal chain pre-Leslie. If you have a control pedal, maybe try it on the Swell, as the overdrive breakup is more natural. Though post-Leslie, some users also try a combination of overdrive and drive from the EQ section. Good luck.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 24 May 2023, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
SuperStage
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Canada

Post by SuperStage »

wkrbee wrote:Wild shot in the dark. Any way to add an effects loop to the NS3? Can't stand the "Overdrive" but putting a outboard one on the output ends up having it after the Leslie sim. I thought about taking i+2 outputs running to outboard gear and sending it back in the Aux input, but that would probably create a feedback loop. Maybe routing out 3+4 and using the Aux input and having 1+2 as the outputs?
The AUX IN is always routed to both the headphones and main outputs 1-2. In the NS3 Manual P54, you can assign the organ, piano and/or synth voices to a SUB output 3-4 and then through an effects chain and back in the AUX IN with no feedback loop. I use this to bypass the internal leslie SIM send the organ to output 3 (mono) and into a Hall of Fame reverb and then into a Neo VENT II and back in the AUX IN and out the Main outputs 1 + 2.

Unfortunately "Sounds using the Rotary effect are always routed to outputs 1-2, regardless of Output Routing settings"
SuperStage

Vancouver, Canada
Nord Stage 4 Compact, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Nord Electro 5D, Korg D-1, 1959 Hammond B3, 1965 Leslie 122A
wkrbee
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1
United States of America

Post by wkrbee »

I have been using a GSI Burn which has a tube overdrive and Leslie sim with my old EL2. The Burn is still superior to the NS3 overdrive and Leslie sim. I'll try your suggestion SuperStage
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

SuperStage wrote: The AUX IN is always routed to both the headphones and main outputs 1-2. In the NS3 Manual P54, you can assign the organ, piano and/or synth voices to a SUB output 3-4 and then through an effects chain and back in the AUX IN with no feedback loop. I use this to bypass the internal leslie SIM send the organ to output 3 (mono) and into a Hall of Fame reverb and then into a Neo VENT II and back in the AUX IN and out the Main outputs 1 + 2.
Doing this though won't solve the OP's issue, that is having the overdrive pre Leslie. I too route the organ to ch 3 and then send it to a Vent, but I assumed the OP's standpoint is that he wanted to use the internal Leslie sim but an external overdrive before it, and as Wannitbbbad points out, this is not possible.