Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

request -Head East- Never Been Any Reason

Postby saxmaneagle » 30 Jun 2019, 18:35

My first post !
I've owned my Stage 3 H88 for about 6 months now, and am in love :) I have been out of performing for sometime, but recently was given a shot to audition for a great local group. One of the tunes is "Never Been Any Reason" by Head East.

I'm trying to duplicate, (get as close as possible), to the Mini-moog. (I realize parts were originally recorded with two minis.)
Anyone have a patch, or suggestions for the Stage 3 ?

Thanks !
Last edited by saxmaneagle on 02 Jul 2019, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
"Inside us all are such wonders. Search yourself. Find them, Share them and Dream...of a better tomorrow" -me

The author saxmaneagle was thanked by:
hernjov1
saxmaneagle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

request -Head East- Never Been Any Reason

Sponsor

Re: request -Head East- Never Been Any Reason

Postby WannitBBBad » 09 Jul 2019, 15:01

Hello, I believe the program posted at the link below might give you a good start on the Minimoog synth you're looking for. Listen to the mp3, it would be the second sound played. I believe you'd need more resonance to pronounce the filter decay more, but should get you there with some tweaking.
LINK-> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/snarky-puppy-lingus-cory-henry-solo-t16294.html
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 09 Jul 2019, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 / SC Prophet T8 / Hammond B3 w 122 Leslie / Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX,2 / SC Prophet 5 / SC Prophet 10 / Yamaha DX7IIFD w E! / Yamaha EX5 / Minimoog / Yamaha CP60 / D6 Clavinet / Fender Rhodes / Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
saxmaneagle
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby pablomastodon » 09 Jul 2019, 18:50

I'm just kind of tickled to see the band's name remembered. They were a local band just breaking when I was in high school.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby hernjov1 » 10 Jul 2019, 13:26

I play this song...Split panel A & B in the middle... Put a B-3 Organ on A panel & mini Moog synth on B panel... Use Classic Saw setting. Then tweak your synth sound adding some glide in mono setting with effects... Remember that the original Head East solo's are different then the live version too...The Nord Stage gets a close sound for this tune...
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland A-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil RS- 25OO Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...

The author hernjov1 was thanked by:
saxmaneagle
hernjov1

Postby saxmaneagle » 13 Jul 2019, 22:08

Thank you both, for the file/advise !
"Inside us all are such wonders. Search yourself. Find them, Share them and Dream...of a better tomorrow" -me
saxmaneagle

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p/*.ns3pb files)