NAMM 2017 speculations

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

What new gear is going to be presented at NAMM 2017?

You may select 1 option

61%
16%
10%
13%

Total votes: 283

varignet
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

NAMM 2017 speculations

Post by varignet »

disclaimer: this is purely for fun and speculative and I'm in no way affiliated to clavia
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
weremole
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Re: NAMM 2017 speculations

Post by weremole »

Make it a Wave 2 rack and I'm game.
e8ndave

Post by e8ndave »

A1 is damn near perfect. I just don't think something like the Wave which they eliminated from their product line will make a comeback.
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
Ricoche
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by Ricoche »

I think they'll drop either the A1 or NL4 and make only one Lead going forward. Whether it's the NL5 or A2, I don't know, but I think only one Lead in the future makes the most sense.

Using samples is big in the industry and Clavia has added or improved this technology in most of their products it seems. There is a chance I'd say of a Nord Wave 2, BUT, it could be combined with the NL5 or A2.

I think we'll see a hybrid. ( NL4, A1, and NW ) combined in some fashion.
magpie85
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by magpie85 »

While I'd love it to be a stage 3 I don't think the Stage 2ex has been around long enough yet for the Stage 3 to be released. Much more likely to be a lead series this time, assuming that they release a new keyboard at all...
Nord Electro 3HP... dreaming of a Stage :keyboard2:
AdamStage2

Post by AdamStage2 »

I'd like to see a new model to the G series Modular synths,I've been after a G2X for ages,they are rare as hens teeth so I'd welcome a relaunch of the Modular side of things...Nord have neglected this sector of the market for too long..

I'm not too fussed about a New Nord Lead 5,or A2,I think theres still plenty of mileage left in the A1 that will keep me happy for many years to come.

I'd also welcome a new Wave 2 Synth,(perhaps with sampling ability rather than loading samples and ability to resample via efx etc,)but it will have to have serious upgrades all round(not just larger memory capacity) to convince me to part with my current Model

:thanks:

:keyboard2:
Last edited by AdamStage2 on 25 Oct 2016, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.
Gustavo
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Post by Gustavo »

I think it will be a new and highly realistic toy piano sample.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Synths: Nord Stage 2 SW, Nord Lead 4R, Vintage Vibe 64 Active, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Minimoog Voyager, Prophet 6, Korg Volcas
Stand: K&M Spider Pro and Hercules X Stands
Recording: Zoom UAC-8
Speakers: EV ELXP 112-P, Event Alp 5
Duplobaustein
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Post by Duplobaustein »

e8ndave wrote:A1 is damn near perfect. I just don't think something like the Wave which they eliminated from their product line will make a comeback.
Not at all. The keybed is way too bad for that price range, no aftertouch, the vibrato settings are global for all patches, I would really like to see a dedicated shape knob in an A2, so that you don't need an OSC config for that, per patch output routing, free upper/lower assign instead of fixed S1/2 to lower and S3/4 to upper assignment, extra HP knob which is missing for Juno emulations, ADSR for the mod env.

If an A2 has all of that, we can talk near perfect again. ;) Until I have to live with the A1. The only thing, that keeps me from selling it, is the awesome sound and me being a lazy tweaker, for which the A1 is perfect! :D
Ricoche wrote:I think we'll see a hybrid. ( NL4, A1, and NW ) combined in some fashion.
I would definitely take this one! :)
Last edited by Duplobaustein on 07 Nov 2016, 23:59, edited 2 times in total.
Rusty Mike
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Rusty Mike »

:lol: I just bought a new Stage 2EX. I hope they don't come out with a single thing! :lol:
These users thanked the author Rusty Mike for the post:
smcelyea
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Eumel
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Eumel »

I also like the idea of a hybrid out of NL4, A1 and Wave and - most important - I'd like to see a 61 key version...
Nord Stage 4 88
Nord Electro 6 compact