Accordion Octave issues

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
twofarmers
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Accordion Octave issues

Post by twofarmers »

A little help, please. Before I sold my Yamaha MOXF8 to buy the NE6 HP, I recorded a couple of the sounds that I liked from the Yamaha. Using the video tutorials for the Sound Editor, I converted the Yamaha accordion wave file to Nord format and loaded it into the NE using the Sound manager. Sounds great, except it is one octave too high. I can use the keyboard octave shift and it matches the Nord accordions, but if I switch between the two on the fly for comparison, I must remember to use the octave shift. I have tried using the octave shift in the sound editor, save the file and load it in the Nord, but nothing I do corrects the problem.
Can someone more knowledgeable take a look to see what can be done? Thanks in advance....tony

update: wave file added. I have tried moving the key assignments manually using the sample editor and I've tried using the octave shift in the sample editor. nothing moves them in the final product...tony
Attachments
Yamaha MOXF8 Accordion.wav
Yamaha Accordion Wave file
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
Yamaha MOXF8 Accordion.nsmp
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
Yamaha MOXF8 Accordion.nwiproj
(33.69 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by twofarmers on 14 Feb 2019, 16:32, edited 3 times in total.
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Accordion Octave issues

Post by Mr_-G- »

The project file does not contain the wav files, but I guess that you need to move all the samples one octave up or down.
twofarmers
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Accordion Octave issues Resolved

Post by twofarmers »

Done! My rookie mistake. I returned to the sound editor and remapped it an octave down. That worked....tony