Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord grand

Postby Rychubil » 11 Jul 2019, 19:43

Another one review from Andertons:
https://youtu.be/8Yc1Aqq1ZFQ
Roland FP-30 | Synthogy Ivory II GP | Production Voices CG | Dexed | Zoom MS-70CDR | Zoom H4n | Reaper | Neumann KH120 | Mackie Big Knob Passive | DT-990 pro | ATH-M50X
Rychubil

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby SteveNordP3 » 13 Jul 2019, 22:58

Rychubil wrote:Another one review from Andertons:

I love that guy! Would love to have a beer with him some day...

In the meantime, his video is very cool to get features and sounds but he’s not the right guy to describe the feel. He’s more of an electronic keyboard player (vs acoustic) so he can tell the Feel is different but he can’t explain what’s going on :wtf:

Still. Love it. Dagnabbit - gonna have to test one out and probably break the piggy bank to get one... CURSE YOU NORD!!!!

:lol:
SteveNordP3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby Rychubil » 14 Jul 2019, 00:35

SteveNordP3 wrote:
Rychubil wrote:Another one review from Andertons:

... he’s not the right guy to describe the feel. He’s more of an electronic keyboard player (vs acoustic) so he can tell the Feel is different but he can’t explain what’s going on :wtf:

First time I didn't like this guy for his gesticulations and typical british silly/funny sense of humour and still I don't like it.
However I really appreciate his style of presentation of piano sounds. He is giving a lot time for resounds and decay of piano samples for listeners, oposite to other superfast nord presenters.
BRAVO Jack!

Unfortunately I agree - He is unable to explain properly how the keyboard action really is from pianist point of view.
Pity.
Last edited by Rychubil on 14 Jul 2019, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Roland FP-30 | Synthogy Ivory II GP | Production Voices CG | Dexed | Zoom MS-70CDR | Zoom H4n | Reaper | Neumann KH120 | Mackie Big Knob Passive | DT-990 pro | ATH-M50X
Rychubil

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby HwyStar » 14 Jul 2019, 00:49

I am in the queue to get one from Sweetwater the first week of August. Hopefully, I placed my order before they run out of the first batch.

I will be using it strictly as a practice piano to augment playing my grand piano. I will chime in here and do my best to describe how the action feels using the Nord samples. I hope the sounds are easy to pull out of the action and respond as a grand does. I am also hoping that the action has a down weight of around 50-54. My hands are pretty beat up at this point and I do not want to play a train wreck.
HwyStar

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum