Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

The Doors HELP

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 06:43

Ty so much twice to Analogika for helping me! I found some good samples to light my fire, when the musics over and soul kitchen, AND i'm now able to play Waiting for the sun!

So i have 3 question about doors i really hope you guys can help me.

First: now when i got the right organ as a synth im not able to use my bass synth, i used.
Is there any samples for Fender rhodes bass? On youtube they guide me to, EMP MK 1 low deep it sounds okay, but i do not like the sound much against my old one, and i can't turn touch sentitive off it is still there, and i used this for a long time as my left hand: nord fndprec but now i can't split up anymore... So my question is, is there some good settigns for EMP MK 1 low deep, i only use sustped, or can i get my nord fndprec as a keyboard split (will be great and i know is not 100 % but im a bassist for 10 years and i like that sound very much, and it easy and not touch sentitive.) or another idea for my left hand? PLEASE explain noob guide, because im new to keyboard and i really need a better settings for my bass.

Second: Live when ray is playing solo he is pretty high and when is done he is quiet, how can he change his volume with no free hands? is that a musicman who control it behind? Live versions of light my fire is a good example.

third: How to get right sounds for these songs

Strange days, End of the Night, when the msucis over (after he said "the scream of the butterfly)

Greetings Caspar
ellervis
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 22:02
Country: Denmark
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

The Doors HELP


Sponsor
 

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby FZiegler » 22 Mar 2020, 09:37

Hi Caspar,

You've got a great instrument, but you should read at least part of the manual to understand what you can do with it. You have some really basic questions.

You know a classic electro organ has a swell pedal: the Nord has, too. So, get you a swell pedal (search the forum for some recommendations).

How to find sounds: You may browse the presets. But you already tried to look into the different parts of the instrument - the organ, the piano and the sample synth part. They can be played at the same time: in combination (= layered), in split mode etc. So take the organ sound from the organ section and the sample bass from the sample synth section and play a bit with the knobs.

The touch sensitivity is set in the Dynamics setting (1, 2, 3 and off). P. 20 in the english manual.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.54) - Yamaha CP33 - Yamaha reface-CP

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
ellervis
FZiegler
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Dec 2019, 02:41
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 10:07

Hi Caspar,

for your first topic: you mentioned that you got the right organ as a synth, do you mean you use the synth section to create the organ sound, and do you use a sample for this organ sound or do you use the synth engine?
Regards Schorsch

The best in music is not in the notes.

Gear:
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Stage 2 EX 88
Yamaha Motif XF7 WH
Radial Key Largo
Neo Ventilator II
Hall of Fame 2
.... and more (GAS :roll: ) ...
Schorsch
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 864
Joined: 15 May 2018, 23:34
Location: Germany - NRW - Viersen
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 243 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby analogika » 22 Mar 2020, 11:28

Schorsch wrote:Hi Caspar,

for your first topic: you mentioned that you got the right organ as a synth, do you mean you use the synth section to create the organ sound, and do you use a sample for this organ sound or do you use the synth engine?

He is using a sample of the Gibson organ.

For a swell pedal, I can recommend the Yamaha FC-7. Not the cheapest, but I recently had to replace my first one after twenty-seven years. I hope they're still built to the same standards, but that's a hell of a run.
User avatar
analogika
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 10:02
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 652 times
Been thanked: 903 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 12:18

If a sample is used for the organ sound the swell pedal would not help, as it is operating on the organ engine only, right?

@ellervis: if you need a split to use the organ sample and a decent bass sample together there is just one option from my point of view: re-sample both and create a new sample file with the bass in the lower section and the organ sound in the upper section. I can try to do this if you could provide me the bass sample and the organ sample, and also let me know the key range for the bass and the key range for the organ.
Regards Schorsch

The best in music is not in the notes.

Gear:
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Stage 2 EX 88
Yamaha Motif XF7 WH
Radial Key Largo
Neo Ventilator II
Hall of Fame 2
.... and more (GAS :roll: ) ...
Schorsch
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 864
Joined: 15 May 2018, 23:34
Location: Germany - NRW - Viersen
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 243 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby FZiegler » 22 Mar 2020, 14:31

Caspar,

I don't have an Electro, I just read your manual: p. 29 - the control pedal jack is used for volume and swell control "and/or Effect 1". I don't find a note what this exactly means. So maybe, you can even control the sample volume - but I'm not sure. Maybe Schorsch is right and it works only for the organ section. No idea.

If that was the case, you would have to find a stereo volume pedal to connect to audio-out. Then any sound would be controlled by the pedal.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.54) - Yamaha CP33 - Yamaha reface-CP
FZiegler
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Dec 2019, 02:41
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 15:48

FZiegler wrote:Hi Caspar,

You've got a great instrument, but you should read at least part of the manual to understand what you can do with it. You have some really basic questions.

You know a classic electro organ has a swell pedal: the Nord has, too. So, get you a swell pedal (search the forum for some recommendations).

How to find sounds: You may browse the presets. But you already tried to look into the different parts of the instrument - the organ, the piano and the sample synth part. They can be played at the same time: in combination (= layered), in split mode etc. So take the organ sound from the organ section and the sample bass from the sample synth section and play a bit with the knobs.

The touch sensitivity is set in the Dynamics setting (1, 2, 3 and off). P. 20 in the english manual.


ty so much i know the dynamic settings but it wasn't my point on the bass part :) my organ is as a synth part because is it a sample thats my problem :)
ellervis
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 22:02
Country: Denmark
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 16:19

Hi Ellervis, I can try to create a sample with both your organ sound and a bass sound if you like, see my previous answer. Just send me the organ and bass samples you want to habe combined and let me know the split point
Regards Schorsch

The best in music is not in the notes.

Gear:
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Stage 2 EX 88
Yamaha Motif XF7 WH
Radial Key Largo
Neo Ventilator II
Hall of Fame 2
.... and more (GAS :roll: ) ...
Schorsch
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 864
Joined: 15 May 2018, 23:34
Location: Germany - NRW - Viersen
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 243 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 18:47

Schorsch wrote:Hi Ellervis, I can try to create a sample with both your organ sound and a bass sound if you like, see my previous answer. Just send me the organ and bass samples you want to habe combined and let me know the split point



ty so much! but i only have the sample for the organ, the bass is on nord as a nordfile as you can see, so i really hope you can help me.

i want the split point to be C4 on all of them and one when the musics over for F3

i hope you can help me ty
Attachments
VOX_NORD_Samples_Original_Files.zip
and this is the organ, i want ALL of them :)
(22.78 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
FndPrec_Direct_ST mono 2.0 (1).nsmp
This is the bass for my left hand
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
ellervis
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 22:02
Country: Denmark
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 19:01

analogika wrote:
Schorsch wrote:Hi Caspar,

for your first topic: you mentioned that you got the right organ as a synth, do you mean you use the synth section to create the organ sound, and do you use a sample for this organ sound or do you use the synth engine?

He is using a sample of the Gibson organ.

For a swell pedal, I can recommend the Yamaha FC-7. Not the cheapest, but I recently had to replace my first one after twenty-seven years. I hope they're still built to the same standards, but that's a hell of a run.
Attachments
FndPrec_Direct_ST mono 2.0.nsmp
this is the bass i want :)
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
VOX_NORD_Samples_Original_Files.zip
no i have this now
(22.78 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
ellervis
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 22:02
Country: Denmark
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Next

Return to Nord Electro Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests