Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

A1 price for Swissies

Postby CountFosco » 12 Mar 2018, 14:35

For any Swissies out there looking for an A1, Brack have a rather astounding price right now. Cuppla hundred choofas cheaper than anywhere else.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

A1 price for Swissies

Sponsor

Re: A1 price for Swissies

Postby skipgilles » 12 Mar 2018, 17:33

Indeed, this is the lowest price you can get. However, I think this race to the bottom isn't good for anyone. If you like the fact that physical shops still exist, please buy your instrument at a music instrument retailer with a physical shop.

I find the 150 extra that you pay for such an instrument (that you do not buy every year) a very good deal in exchange for all the fun afternoons I spent in music stores. If your argument is: "but I buy such an instrument every year", you clearly have enough money to spill 150.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby CountFosco » 13 Mar 2018, 00:40

I stand corrected. Except that Brack are a music instrument retailer with a physical shop, and I didn't have an argument, but...er...sorry?
CountFosco

Postby skipgilles » 13 Mar 2018, 15:14

Excuse me, but since when is Brack a physical instrument shop? They used to have physical computer hardware shops, of which there are only 3 left. For everything else they are only a mail order company, right?
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Postby CountFosco » 13 Mar 2018, 16:49

Weird thing to make a stand about mate, but yes, Brack have a physical music shop in Mägenwil, one village away from me. I've been there many times to try keyboards (one wall is full of red things), drums, and I compared a bunch of studio monitors. Most Swiss musos would be aware of Brack, I have no idea about their market share in Switzerland, but they'd be in the conversation. Their prices are comparable to other vendors, often a bit better, but their price for the A1 is quite an outlier, hence the post. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about who might be interested in this information...oh wait, it's there in the title and the very first sentence I typed.
CountFosco

Postby skipgilles » 13 Mar 2018, 17:12

As I said, I really thought they are only a mail order company as concerned musical instruments (as I wrote above). No reason to get so upset and or try making a fool out of me. You could also have simply agreed with me and correct me on my incorrect assumption about Brack.
End of discussion, sorry to you and the other board members.
Last edited by skipgilles on 13 Mar 2018, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum