Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Re: What do you use your Nord for?

Postby koloman » 02 Mar 2018, 22:29

A nice idea....and interesting to read about You. All in all it is an awesome forum - thanks to the founders and the moderators.

I am a retired guy and use my Nord Stage 2 and my 70th-birthday gift Nord Lead A1 mostly and dayli at home to explore sounds and to improvise for my own pleasure.
Especially the A1 is still an unexplored wide land for me.

Not to become a musical eremit I play also with 2 friends (guitar and drums) a setlist with mostly 60th and 70th songs from Grateful Dead over Jimi Hendrix, Beatles etc., but also austrian pop songs like "Der Hofa" and old Blues Songs. Once a year we try to play a public gig where mostly old friends come to listen. The Nord Stage 2 is an ideal keyboard for this music to play the base with the left hand and on the right side often with 2 split points piano/rhodes/hammond/vox and some pads and brass sounds.

From time to time I play in a worship group - the only man with a lot of lovely women - , mostly with the Lead A1 because its so easy to transport, but more often with my soprano sax (the group is a choir, some acoustic guitars, piano, a flute and my part).
The two Nords are so phantastic that I neglect more or less my 3 Saxes (Soprano, Tenor and Bari). It's a pity. But it makes fun and to play it's much better than to sit in front of the TV....
koloman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Sponsor

Postby Quai34 » 03 Mar 2018, 22:44

ericL wrote:I use a collection of NS2 for two main gigs.

1) A weekend '80s cover band called Flat Elvis playing clubs and parties. I use all aspects of the NS2 very deeply - tons of organ, piano, synths, custom and stock samples. Our playlist is here and there is another link there with some videos of the band playing live.
http://www.flatelvisband.com/songs

2) An original band called Fighting Gravity I toured with for a decade back in the '80s and '90s. Genre is ska, reggae, rock. In this band I play mostly organ, CP-70, and piano with a few synth sounds. We have been doing some reunion shows in medium venues over the past few years (the band folded over a decade ago). Good compilation video from a recent show here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7DLesvEuI

well, the sound guy is your friend, we hear even more the keys than the guitars which is very rare!!!!
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum