The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: The New Clones

Postby Farfisameister » 24 Nov 2017, 22:20

Actually, I just googled the UHL X3-2 organ. I did not know about this. Wow! Thank you. Where can you get one? And, can I ask what they sell for?
Stage 2 Ex, Nord C2, Electro 3, Yamaha C7, Vintage Vibe 73 piano, Crumar Mojo, Leslie 3300, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Clavinet D6, Hohner Pianet T, Vox Continental, Vox Super Continental, Gibson K-101, Yamaha YC25D organ
Farfisameister

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Sponsor

Postby RevvDon » 06 Dec 2017, 23:20

I have thought of selling my Nord C2. It always sounds a little shrill to me and some listeners and band mates, even through the 3300. What is it worth now?
RevvDon

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby Quai34 » 07 Dec 2017, 02:11

I Will follow the advice of CPhollis and buy a Neo Vent 2, I bought my C2 so cheap that I will keep it for ever....I'm sure the Vent will add a lot....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Re: Bought a new clone

Postby Farfisameister » 08 Feb 2018, 17:39

I just couldn't resist the temptation and purchased a non-nord dual manual model. I played it for an hour all-told during which I thought the sound was killer. The rotary speaker simulation was killer as well. The keybed felt like my chopped C-3 (early 60's model) with keys that feel very well worn, almost too much so. Nowhere near as springy and stiffer like my Nord C2. After the hour of playing the unit, the switch that controls the onboard Leslie sim stopped working completely and there was nothing I could do to restore it. I was extremely disappointed to say the least and returned the new unit to the internet dealer requesting a refund. Thank goodness I kept my Nord C2.
Last edited by Farfisameister on 08 Feb 2018, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 2 Ex, Nord C2, Electro 3, Yamaha C7, Vintage Vibe 73 piano, Crumar Mojo, Leslie 3300, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Clavinet D6, Hohner Pianet T, Vox Continental, Vox Super Continental, Gibson K-101, Yamaha YC25D organ
Farfisameister

Postby Duplobaustein » 09 Feb 2018, 02:12

Keyboard Partner HX3 is imho by far the best hammond clone and I heard they’ll release a new board quitr soon. UHl uses the same board. You can get a HX3 expander quite cheap. I did, it’s absolutely worth it!
Last edited by Duplobaustein on 09 Feb 2018, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
Duplobaustein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby nordfizi » 10 Feb 2018, 00:13

What board did you buy/try, that had quality issues, Farfisameister?

I have a Legend Live (besides all my Nords) and it's absolutely great! I had problems to really like it for nearly a year (as I'm a dealer, I got it quite early):
- on the first OS Versions, the lowest octave was not balanced in volume (and the c/v on these notes made it more bad)
- then on OS 1.3, this was corrected, the overall sound was improved, but the percussion was messed up (it was not balanced anymore, it got very low in volume on the upper octaves)
- BUT NOW, with OS 1.4 (wich came out today), i really love it. With my Leslie 122, it's extremely near to my Hammond RT-3, and even just with the internal Leslie-sim, it's great!

I did not do a 1:1 comparison with the Nord till now, but I have to say, a also like the Nord Organ (especially Electro 4) very much.

But there are some points that just makes the Legend the winner, when it's just about Hammond Organ comparison:
- There is much tweakability in the Legend (which I think is very important because the amount of keyclick for example has to be completely different if you use the internal sim or a leslie etc..
- the layout!

I don't really know the latest sound of the HX3, but I think the UHL is a really great instrument too.
The main-reason why I did not buy the UHL was because I want four sets of drawbars instead of two on a dual-manual-organ.
Last edited by nordfizi on 10 Feb 2018, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
AF MusicShop - Specialized Nord-Dealer in Austria
Just Quality, Nothing Else - www.afmusicshop.at

www.alexanderfitzthum.com
www.firstgigneverhappened.com
nordfizi

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Farfisameister » 01 Mar 2018, 18:37

I just got a Crumar Mojo and IMHO it does live up to the hype. Excellent action, tone is incredible, as is the chorus. On board Leslie is really good too. The entire system is based on the VB3II software. You do have 22 different organ models in there accessible from the right rear back panel. Just hook up a monitor and a mouse. Very easy. Some have said they don't like having to use a monitor and open the back panel, but for me it's fun to tweak - so 22 different organs.
That being said I am not going to say it's "better" just different (and so far I appreciate the differences) than my Nord C2 with C2D sound engine.
The Nord C2 is great and, like everything Nord, built like a tank. I love my C2 and have no plans to sell it. But, it had been a while since I obtained a new keyboard (last one was Nord Stage 2 EX which I still have and love) and for organ I wanted to go in an additional direction.
Farfisameister

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum