Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Special issue with Midi and control pedal

Postby rudiratlos » 07 Feb 2018, 22:56

Who is well versed in Midi?

Cause the layer possibilities of the Electro 5 are rather limited, sometimes I use external sounds of my old Roland XP 30 to play more complex layers, for example an additional bass sound of the XP-30. So I connect the midi -out of the Electro with the midi-in of the XP-30. This works in principle correct but there’s a special problem with the control pedal.

I explain the issue with an example:
At the NE5 I have a layer (upper part piano - lower part strings). + a bass sound of the XP-30. Altogether I can play on the keyboards of my Electro. So far - so good.
But when I use the control pedal of the Electro to reduce the volume of the strings the volume of the external bass sound is reduced too, which is unwished.

If I use for the same constellation my Motif XS instead of the XP-30 it’s no problem, the volume of the external sound doesn’t change by lifting the control pedal.
But I would like to do it with the small, light weighted XP- 30 and not with the much heavier Motif XS 7

Has anybody an idea what I have to adjust. (maybe something with the midi adjustment of the Xp 30) ?

Thanks for any useful tip

Regards

Rolf
rudiratlos
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Special issue with Midi and control pedal

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum