General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NS2 to NS3 program converter.

Postby Chinmusic » 24 Nov 2017, 21:41

The lack of a converter is a huge deal. If they aren't capable or motivated to supply us with one than at least give us a way to take the old programs and and dissect the sounds and setting used to help us recreate them in the Stage 3. I can't remember every detail of every program I've written and most of us sell off the old Stage to buy the new one so we have no access to the building blocks of each program. There must be a way of accessing at least a a text breakdown of the samples and parameters used so we can re-program efficiently.

Pablo, is this on the horizon or even an option? Perhaps a third party may have a solution?

JS
Chinmusic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby McArska » 30 Jan 2018, 19:47

Hi. I had Nord Stage 2 but I sold it and bought Nord Stage 3. This was a really big surprice when I noticed that i can't dowload some of the Nord Stage 2 presets to Nord Stage 3. Is anybody transferred some NS2 factory programs to NS3 because I really liked some of the organ sounds here for example the theatre sound. These sounds don't have as many samples than the other ones. If you have some of these I would appreciate if you cound share them. :D
McArska

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby McArska » 30 Jan 2018, 19:50

Thanks for answers.
Last edited by McArska on 30 Jan 2018, 19:52, edited 2 times in total.
McArska

Postby NordPH » 31 Jan 2018, 00:39

Thomas H wrote:I'm always astonished by the fact that some people don't even read through at least the most basic description of an instrument from the company's website before sinking thousands of euros/dollars into it.. :o
Just the basic description says that the NS3 has the synth engine of the Lead A1 while in the NS2/2EX it's borrowed from the Wave. Clavia has never had a system of converting/transfering sounds from an older model to a newer one.
The file ends are different with the NS3 and it even has it's own sample library.

Please read some basic info (and maybe even a few quality reviews pointing out the cons not clearly advertised in Nord's site) before buying something like this :)

EDIT: Sorry, replied before I noticed that this thread has more than one page..

Couldn't agree more.
NordPH
Patch Creator

Postby Mr_-G- » 31 Jan 2018, 01:52

In another news, the Montage OS 2.0 can read patches from the Motif and also from the DX7.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby hector space » 05 Feb 2018, 13:23

One of the reasons I bought a Kurzweil Forte is coz Kurzweil ensure compatibility with their previous keyboards. You can load PC3 and K2600 etc into the Forte.. Along with with 3.3gBytes of user samples! So your hours of work aren't wasted and your samples are pretty much unlimited. 8-) 8-) 8-)
hector space

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby pianoman0018 » 08 Feb 2018, 19:04

Are the nick semrad and farfisa banks that are available for download in the nord stage 2 sound library, be available also for nord stage 3?
Last edited by pianoman0018 on 08 Feb 2018, 19:06, edited 2 times in total.
pianoman0018

Postby bouzoustar » 13 Feb 2018, 13:02

alcools wrote:It's definitly not the same synth.

hello,

yes it's definitely not the same synth but maybe soon a converter program like sample converter ?

Or do you have a solution to have all informations about the program (NS2ex), to built the "same" sound on my NS3 ? (without the information with the nord manager, for exemple to have informations about the reverb lvl, effect etc etc )
bouzoustar

Postby analogika » 13 Feb 2018, 14:01

You can note the synth settings for the NS2 (holding “shift” and moving a pot to see its value) and then enter those on the Nord Stage 3 sample player or wave table or classic synth.

In my experience: Often enough, the new synth will offer a method to achieve better results more easily (for example, layering two “classic” virtual analog sounds in panels A & B vs. using a single superwave in one slot on the Stage 3), and even when you transfer “1:1”, it will sound quite different, requiring a do-over.
Last edited by analogika on 13 Feb 2018, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
maxpiano
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 13 Feb 2018, 15:00

analogika wrote:You can note the synth settings for the NS2 (holding “shift” and moving a pot to see its value) and then enter those on the Nord Stage 3 sample player or wave table or classic synth.

In my experience: Often enough, the new synth will offer a method to achieve better results more easily (for example, layering two “classic” virtual analog sounds in panels A & B vs. using a single superwave in one slot on the Stage 3), and even when you transfer “1:1”, it will sound quite different, requiring a do-over.

+1, I went through that when moving from NS Classic to NS2, though I had saved all my NS patches in CTRLR (so I could browse their settings, apart from Piano Samples) there was no way to exactly reproduce 1:1 the NS synth sounds in the NS2 (and also the Organ and Rotary would sound different, even with identical settings, being one generation apart)
Last edited by maxpiano on 13 Feb 2018, 15:04, edited 3 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum