nord lead 3 keyboard problem

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
ihearanewworld
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

nord lead 3 keyboard problem

Post by ihearanewworld »

Hello,
I am a new owner of a Nord Lead 3 (keyboard version), and have the following issue:

The lowest octave and a half triggers higher notes than the rest of the keyboard. Playing the second F# key also causes the note to hang. This behavior occurs on both the internal sounds and if I trigger an external module. When I trigger the NL3 engine from an external source, there is no problem.

It is on latest OS 1.20. My first instinct was to reinstall the OS, or do a factory reset, but Nord's updater does not work on current Mac OS's.

Is there a standard .syx or .mid file for the OS out there? Anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance.
http://soundcloud.com/ihearanewworld
Nord Lead 4R, Nord Drum 2, DSI Pro 2, Roland XP60, Ensoniq ESQ1, Dreadbox Erebus, MPC1000, Lowrey Wandering Genie!, etc.
Mr. Marko
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Re: nord lead 3 keyboard problem

Post by Mr. Marko »

Sound like a visit to an authorized service center to get the key contacts cleaned and / or replaced is in order.
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig
ihearanewworld
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: nord lead 3 keyboard problem

Post by ihearanewworld »

Thought I'd pop in to update:

There are two cables that run from the top of the keyboard to the circuit board. One is for the bottom half of the keys, and the other for the top half. Prior owner must have unhooked them and then put them in backwards. Easy fix.
These users thanked the author ihearanewworld for the post:
Muied Lumens
http://soundcloud.com/ihearanewworld
Nord Lead 4R, Nord Drum 2, DSI Pro 2, Roland XP60, Ensoniq ESQ1, Dreadbox Erebus, MPC1000, Lowrey Wandering Genie!, etc.