Wrong patches loading

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
davieh
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Wrong patches loading

Post by davieh »

I hope someone can help me with this problem........

I am the proud and happy owner of a NS3 however have been faced with a problem i am unable to resolve.

When i use patches created within song mode / spare banks etc, these work well and the various areas of the keyboard are stored in slots A and B. When i exit song mode and return to the loaded sounds of the keyboard, namely Royal Grand, the synth section of the NS3 is active and the piano section, inactive. This is the same with numerous factory loaded sounds, for example when i call up B3 patch, the piano section becomes active also.

I feel the only option i have is to do a factory restore however if anybody can help me resolve, i'd be very grateful..

Thanks
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Wrong patches loading

Post by maxpiano »

Song mode is not creating patches which are distinct, it is just a way to organize your NS3 patches into "Songs", so: are you sure you have not been overwriting the original/factory patches?

In any case, a restore of factory patches (having previously saved/backed up yours, of course) is a good way to verify and fix.
Last edited by maxpiano on 11 Jan 2018, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.
davieh

Post by davieh »

No i haven't over written anything. Any new patches are stored into Bank G for example. It would appear the initial loaded sounds are all over the place
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

davieh wrote:No i haven't over written anything. Any new patches are stored into Bank G for example. It would appear the initial loaded sounds are all over the place
OK, so you can also do this: rename the factory backup as .zip and unzip it, this way you can see its content and restore the factory patches you need.
Last edited by maxpiano on 11 Jan 2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
davieh

Post by davieh »

Ok will do, thanks very much. I did think factory restore would be the only option