Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

[NE3] Tears for Fears Everybody wants to rule the world

Postby SlippersMcC » 19 Nov 2017, 17:26

Hello,

I'm looking for the samples used for the tears for fears song. I've looked at various forums etc and it talks about the DX7 and the Fairlight. However, it doesn't say which Fairlight sample they used for the synth part.

It's for my son that's playing a synth in a school rock band and they want him to get the part as close as possible. He's been given a Nord Electro 3 from the school, only ever played a piano so we're on a steep learning curve trying to work out how to get the required sound.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by SlippersMcC on 19 Nov 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
SlippersMcC

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

[NE3] Tears for Fears Everybody wants to rule the world

Sponsor

Re: [NE3] Tears for Fears Everybody wants to rule the worl

Postby SlippersMcC » 16 Dec 2017, 18:14

SlippersMcC wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for the samples used for the tears for fears song. I've looked at various forums etc and it talks about the DX7 and the Fairlight. However, it doesn't say which Fairlight sample they used for the synth part.

It's for my son that's playing a synth in a school rock band and they want him to get the part as close as possible. He's been given a Nord Electro 3 from the school, only ever played a piano so we're on a steep learning curve trying to work out how to get the required sound.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
SlippersMcC

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Re: [NE3] Tears for Fears Everybody wants to rule the worl

Postby marpat64 » 17 Dec 2017, 15:50

I'm using the Electro 5 so not sure if this will work on the Electro3. I previously used a Roland JV1080 for this one, within which I built a performance that included pretty much all the required sounds mapped across a single keyboard: Sampled choir, the intro 'bell' sound, and the synth for the verses. I've now sampled this in to the Electro 5 using the sample editor. I've attached the samples and the project - hopefully you can make use of them.

For the verses, the only other sound I use behind the synth is a piano, played on a Separate Roland RD - just adds a bit of body behind the synth sound.

Good luck!
Attachments
TFF EWTRTW.nsmp
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 639 times
TFF EWTRTW.nwiproj
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

The author marpat64 was thanked by 3 members, including:
StuartRMagicmanMarkmanuz
marpat64

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Programs