Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

One for the Midi Experts: Midi high trigger command!?

Postby WaldenMod66 » 06 Dec 2017, 20:06

Hi All,

This one is for the Midi Experts. I recently built a custom rig for my NE5D, using a Fatar TP80 as the lower manual. I have also recently bought the Midi Solutions Velocity Converter, for two reasons:

1. To improve the velocity response on the lower keyboard for AP and EP sounds...
2. To try and create my own custom velocity curve that will send a high triggering command to my NE5D.

My question to all of you Midi Experts out there: what would the Midi command look like to send a PLAY signal to my NE5D that triggers with the first contact. With a custom command/curve sent out on a different channel, I hope to enable my new lower manual to send a first contact signal to my Nord that will be recognised as a PLAY signal, for my Organ sounds, particularly B3.

Any advise would gratefully received!

Many Thanks in Advance

Paul
WaldenMod66

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

One for the Midi Experts: Midi high trigger command!?

Sponsor

Re: One for the Midi Experts: Midi high trigger command!?

Postby maxpiano » 06 Dec 2017, 20:08

The high trigger is a HW feature, i.e. It has to be implemented in the firmware that is reading the key contacts, it is not about any special MIDI command.

So either your Lower keybed and/or its controller (the electronics that reads the keybed and generates MIDI data) support that (generate a Note ON message at fixed velocity as soon as the high contact of a key is closed) or..
Last edited by maxpiano on 06 Dec 2017, 20:14, edited 3 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
WaldenMod66
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum