Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Next model features

Postby robinkle » 26 Mar 2017, 21:54

Hi.

I would like to share my wishes for the Next Nord drum.
I do like the 3p for what it is, but I would like a different version
of it. I would like a desktop version without pads, but with knob-per-function instead.
Also adding usb midi and CV gate inputs.
A Character display for kit naming and settings would be a bonus.

This would be more suitable for me as I'm not a drummer, but a
keyboard player who want to create drum sounds on the fly for my
Projects.
Thank You. :)
robinkle

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Next model features

Sponsor

Re: Next model features

Postby jooga1972 » 30 Mar 2017, 19:48

+1 for the desktop version of the next model...Nord Drum 4 maybe.
I'd also love to see individual audio outputs for each channel. That would be a huuuge plus. My only real woe with the ND2 is that the best I can do is pan the kick, say, hard right and the other five channels hard left when recording beats into my DAW. I don't think it needs any explanation why having each sound a separate channel would enhance the final mixdown. Here's hoping this'll happen one day.

The author jooga1972 was thanked by:
Ed-zone
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Postby robinkle » 02 Apr 2017, 01:10

jooga1972 wrote:+1 for the desktop version of the next model...Nord Drum 4 maybe.
I'd also love to see individual audio outputs for each channel. That would be a huuuge plus. My only real woe with the ND2 is that the best I can do is pan the kick, say, hard right and the other five channels hard left when recording beats into my DAW. I don't think it needs any explanation why having each sound a separate channel would enhance the final mixdown. Here's hoping this'll happen one day.

I agree, individual outputs per channel should be implemented as well.
Last edited by robinkle on 02 Apr 2017, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
robinkle

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby Happy » 13 Oct 2017, 07:23

Sample loading support.
Happy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby tobintech » 13 Nov 2017, 23:27

For the pad version have the bass pad input have a separate voice though I would like to see a desktop version return like the ND2 with the pad multipad input for flexibility. If the nord pad is plugged in ch 1's input then can be used as a separate voice for a bass drum as above

A pedal input that is assignable in the voice section for each channel i.e. when programming a voice in a channel a page for the pedal that is then assigned to a parameter and the behavior of the pedal itself for that cc# on that channel (up, down, absolute, bidirectional, add to, subtract from) and range the pedal performs (low=?(0-128), High =?(0-128))

A separate midi map for the output that sits onto of the output maps of each kit for controlling outboard gear such as a sampler when I need to use samples. For example midi ch1-7 would be as is for pad channels 1-6 and the bass drum input (ch 7) including the pedal cc# assignments programed for the voices, midi channel 10 would be a GM drum map/ template to work from and channels 8,9 and 11-16 are user programmable (i.e. notes/scales per pad, cc assignment and function for the pedal input). These can be turned off or on in the kits with a simple ch# on or off or it can just sit there broadcasting on all 16 midi channels and I can filter channels on my external device

USB port for midi and audio (this can help with the separate audio per channel issue), for computer backups, and programming via an app

An editor for computers (Mac and PC) and portable devices (iOS) for programming and archiving/sharing kits and voices with other users
tobintech

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Postby Inartus » 26 Jun 2019, 11:50

Things I would like to see in the next version of the Nord Drum:

Desktop version, of course - I am personally not interested in one with pads.
More outputs - goes without saying - even four would be good, but six would be great, with the ability to assign drum channels to individual outputs or output channel pairs so we could still use (and automate) pan for each drum channel.
A desktop version might not need all those trigger inputs, so make them audio outputs instead.
Add the gate envelope type that is available in the noise section to the tone section.
Add filter resonance to the tone section where relevant.
Knob per function would be more expensive, but would be nice.
LFO to modify the tone (amount, rate, waveform and MIDI sync).
Dare I say it? Eight channels.
Make it possible to sync the delay to MIDI in the usual combinations.

Understandably, if Clavia was to do all of these it would probably cost a lot more, but one or two of them might be OK.

I have an ND2 and have considered getting an ND3P but the pads put me off.

I use my ND2 (and a Squarp Pyramid) like a Moog DFAM - but digital and with six channels and stereo outputs. It works really well, even though it lacks that analogue sound. With a few additions it could be a monster.
Last edited by Inartus on 26 Jun 2019, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Inartus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby Stacks » 17 Sep 2019, 12:38

Hi all,

Happy owner of Nord drum3P. As unfortunately there is no vst editor for this wonderful drum synth; I have been thinking about what a Nord drum 4 might look like.

Id like to see a synth the size of the Nord drum 3p but with out the pads; knob per function and sliders for anything with a menu drop.

What does any one else think?
Stacks

Postby Stacks » 19 Sep 2019, 11:15

Yeah it's defo about the editing for me. Also, I forgot to mention.. multi timbral would be amazing.
Stacks

Postby wartaler » 20 Sep 2019, 10:41

Hi!
I merged your thread with an older thread on the same topic..

Stacks wrote:multi timbral would be amazing.
The Nord drums are multi timbral, do you mean multi timbral editing?

Although I have no complaints about editing my ND2, and like the small form factor, I'm also a big fan of direct access to parameters and (almost) one function per knob, Nord does this very well with their keyboards. However with about 30 parameters and 6 channels (let's add 2 for the next model), you end up with a 8x30 grid of knobs, I would easily get confused.

I was fantasizing about direct access to sound parameters for tone, noise and click, of one channel + 8 channel selection buttons. For direct control over the mix however, I'd suggest 2 or 3 rows of knobs, where things like channel volume, panning, effects etc. can be controlled a bit like a mixing desk.

Of course all knobs should be endless rotary encoders with a ring of LEDs, this will increase the price and size a bit, but I really like them.. Perhaps they can find a more slender model than the type used on their keyboards.

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:USB support for a start for data handling rather than MIDI
Do you mean MIDI over USB? I'd suggest to keep the MIDI DIN ports but add USB for easier connection to computers and tablets. It will also prevent some bad-USB-MIDI-interface related problems..
tobintech wrote:USB port for midi and audio (this can help with the separate audio per channel issue)
Yes, a bit like the Overbridge concept from Elektron, nice..

Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 20 Sep 2019, 16:48, edited 9 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Postby DrNoize » 09 Nov 2019, 22:23

wartaler wrote:Hi!
Although I have no complaints about editing my ND2, and like the small form factor, I'm also a big fan of direct access to parameters and (almost) one function per knob, Nord does this very well with their keyboards. However with about 30 parameters and 6 channels (let's add 2 for the next model), you end up with a 8x30 grid of knobs, I would easily get confused.

I was fantasizing about direct access to sound parameters for tone, noise and click, of one channel + 8 channel selection buttons. For direct control over the mix however, I'd suggest 2 or 3 rows of knobs, where things like channel volume, panning, effects etc. can be controlled a bit like a mixing desk.

Of course all knobs should be endless rotary encoders with a ring of LEDs, this will increase the price and size a bit, but I really like them.. Perhaps they can find a more slender model than the type used on their keyboards.

I have my eye on Electra One MIDI controller for the Nord Drum 3p.
https://electra.one
Looks like it's easy to configure and going for more tactile with ND3p sound design.

The author DrNoize was thanked by 2 members, including:
Ed-zonewartaler
DrNoize

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Next

Return to Nord Drum Forum