All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000 - any experiences?

Postby NoDirection » 01 Nov 2017, 11:13

We are considering buying two iNSPIRE iP1000 for our hobby cover-band. Very good price and lots of power for smaller venues.

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/T ... 00/p/P0BKW

We want to have an easier setup, and with our current standard PA speakers we often experience problems hearing the others on stage, so we either must set up stage monitors or buy inEar monitoring for everyone. More cables and more gear.

I've read that with Line Array/Column loudspeakers they can easily be placed back of the band, and everyone will hear the same as the audience. Perfect easy setup.

Our plan is to have 3 microphones, one bass player, one acustic guitar and my keyboard on the iNspire solution. The lead guitar uses his own amp.

Any comments/experiences on iNSPIRE iP1000 for keys?
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6
NoDirection
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000 - any experiences?

Sponsor

Re: Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000 - any experiences?

Postby cphollis » 01 Nov 2017, 14:58

I have no direct experience with these. But I do have experience with the Bose L1 Model II which is quite similar in design and purpose, albeit far more expensive.

You aren't exactly clear as to whether you intend to use a pair as FOH, or as keys only stage sound, or ??? You also don't say anything about the kind of music you play, what sorts of venues, etc.

If I was in an acoustic-level band playing small pubs and similar, one or two of these as FOH look to be fine. They appear to be able to evenly fill a room with clean sound at moderate power. If I were to play with a band that keeps it to moderate levels (e.g. guitarist is under control, drummer is under control) I would be OK with these as my keys amp.

Remember, they're mono, so if you want stereo, you're talking TWO, and then other approaches start looking more attractive. BTW, these designs reduce mic feedback, they don't eliminate it. Again, moderate sound levels and everything is OK.

Here is where they probably don't work: loud and/or directional. My Bose units would crumble when things needed to get louder. If that's what you want, consider spending your money on something like a pair of QSC K8.2 or similar. Best of luck!
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Re: Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000 - any experiences?

Postby NoDirection » 02 Nov 2017, 12:01

Hi cphollis - thanks for coming back on this!

We are just a small hobby-band typically playing for 50 people in places where there is no FOH, so we intend to find an easy solution to have good sound to the public and on the stage with minimum numbers of speakers. So two iNSPIRE iP1000 togheter with one apm for lead guitar - should be all the speakers that we use. (If that is possible - a little uncertain if the bass player is satisfied, since frequency response is only down to 50 Hz )

We understand that they have limitations to play load, but on the paper they seems to be power-wise in the same league as the Bose you mention - to a much better price.
And - yes - the possibility to place them behind us, without getting feedback problems solves the stage monitor issue we often have now - even with our modest setup.

If I order a couple of this - I will come back and share our experiences.
I have also red your blog with great interest cphollis -, and I bought a CPS SpaceStation v3 after your recommendation - I don't think there are many of those in Norway yet - had to order it from Germany :-)
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6

The author NoDirection was thanked by:
jdwosh
NoDirection
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Accessories and Amplification