Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Can the NE5 map the U/L parts to either side of R/L output?

Postby Murphy » 28 Sep 2017, 18:07

On the NE5, is it possible to route one part (Lower or Upper) to one side of the stereo output, and then the other part to the opposite side of the stereo output signal? I want to record each part separately (each on its own track), but at the same time. That's because I want to be able to control the mix at a later time if I realize one part was a little louder than the other (also for equalization changes). I realize I would lose stereo (which is not wonderful), but I have a situation where this could be useful. Does a Nord Stage 2 or 3 accommodate this situation? I can post this second question in the appropriate thread, but if you know an NS2 or NS3 accomplishes this, it would be handy for me to know. I currently own a much-beloved NE5 and am pondering getting an NS3C (for several reasons).
Murphy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Can the NE5 map the U/L parts to either side of R/L output?

Sponsor

Re: Can the NE5 map the U/L parts to either side of R/L outp

Postby cgrafx » 28 Sep 2017, 18:22

There isn't anyway to separate the Left/Right stereo field on the NE5 into actual separate sound sources, as there isn't anyway to pan any of the audio sources (piano, organ, etc).

The stage 2 and 3 give you options to output to different sub outs because there is more than one set of outputs. For example you could route the piano or synth to outputs 1 &2 and the organ to output 3 and 4.
Last edited by cgrafx on 28 Sep 2017, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey

The author cgrafx was thanked by:
Murphy
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 28 Sep 2017, 18:55

Yes it can, see NE5D Manual, System Menu section:

9 - OUTPUT ROUTING MODE
lets you choose either the default Stereo option or the PartL : L, PartU : R setting. In Stereo mode Part lower and Part Upper will be routed to both outputs, in stereo. With PartL : L, PartU : R activated Part lower is routed to the left output and Part Upper to the right, both being in mono.
Last edited by maxpiano on 28 Sep 2017, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Murphy
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Murphy » 28 Sep 2017, 19:05

I was hoping I missed something in the manual, and sure enough, I did! This is exactly what I needed, but didn't know existed. I learned a lot from cgrafx too, because if I need stereo output (per part), then I need an NS2 or NS3. Thanks to both of you.
Murphy

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum