Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

NE 5 Organ Section Volume

Postby fisa2465 » 11 Sep 2017, 12:13

Sorry, but I really don't understand why organ section does not respond to CC#7, like the other sections.
I have a piano on the lower part and an organ on the upper receive part, and I need to lower or raise the organ volume during the song. All keyboards on the market send CC#7 with the volume knob, but nord organ needs CC#11. So, I have to by a master keyboard who has an assignable control knob and use it as CC#11...I don't need such a keyboard, with tons of knobs and switches that I never use on gigs !
Or maybe Nord will build someday a small keyboard controller compatible with Electro's sections ? That will be interesting.
fisa2465

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

NE 5 Organ Section Volume

Sponsor

Re: NE 5 Organ Section Volume

Postby cgrafx » 11 Sep 2017, 13:02

Not a perfect solution, but you can put a small midi even processor between your other keyboard and the Electro to convert the CC#7 commands to CC#11

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 11 Sep 2017, 15:52

fisa2465 wrote:I have a piano on the lower part and an organ on the upper receive part, and I need to lower or raise the organ volume during the song.

If you need to alter the relative volumes of the Upper and Lower assigned sounds, that's what the Part Mix knob is for.

You could also connect a pedal, and enable CTRLPED for your Upper (organ) part, which is how organ players typically adjust their volume anyway.

If you play in mono, a third way to adjust organ volume would be to use the function that sends the Upper and Lower sounds out separately, one out the Left jack and the other out the Right. With organ being sent out its own output, that level can be adjusted separately externally (for example, if it's going to its own channel of a mixer or amp).
anotherscott

Postby fisa2465 » 11 Sep 2017, 17:14

OK, I understand. I never play in mono. The mix knob is not the best solution because it doesn't really raise the volume of one part. It lowers the volume of the other part. And you can't do this operation in live because the parameters jump to the real position of the knob and it's unpleasant. We don't have level knobs for each part...
And if I have a keyboard for the upper part it's nice to have the volume and transpose knobs on that keyboard. So, maybe the solution is a control pedal.
Thank you anyway.
fisa2465

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Electro Forum