Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Improving Electro 5D SW73 acoustic piano sounds?

Postby ACCORDIONMAN » 03 Sep 2017, 23:53

Did a general covers gig last night, only used the new DigiGand 2 piano sound for all piano parts.

No EQ, KBD Touch setting off. Sounded super clean, just how I like it. Great sound.

Where it needed a bit of 'beefing up' I added a dose of Chorus 2. I really like this new sound. It doesn't sound realistic as such, but to me it does sound good! I believe its the famous Roland MKS20 sound.
ACCORDIONMAN
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby Gambold » 04 Sep 2017, 23:03

How do you feel it stacks up against the Electric Grand? I need something in that realm but I have limited space, so can only carry one or the other.
Gambold

Postby ACCORDIONMAN » 05 Sep 2017, 23:50

Hi Gamboid, I tried the Electric Grand a few times and it just never sounded great to me with a band. I LOVE the new digigrand 2, it is so 'uncoloured' and clean sounding. Personally i would give it a try. It actually has the basic sound of a real piano, once in the mix. DigiGrand2 substitutes for a real acoustic sound if you know what I mean. The electric grand I found was quite nice on it's own but in the mix of a band just sounded like a different keyboard and not a piano.

Definitely worth a try!
ACCORDIONMAN
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum