This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Authorized Service Provider in the Midwest

Postby vortmaxx » 24 Jul 2017, 19:57

I tried asking over in the Electro forum, didn't get any response, so I am trying over here.

My trusted E3 is having issues with a couple of keys- seems to be dirty contacts. I had to clean a couple out a few years ago, and with the help of the forum I was successful. Not so much this time around, unfortunately. While I was in there the other night I noticed 1 of the contacts for 1 of the duff-notes looked like it was chipped/dented. Aside from dirt, are they naturally prone to just wearing out over time?

I purchased back in 2010 online when I was in Kentucky. I am in SW Wisconsin now, so I'd like to find someone who can take a look at it either around Madison or maybe Minneapolis/St Paul.
vortmaxx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Authorized Service Provider in the Midwest

Sponsor

Re: Authorized Service Provider in the Midwest

Postby Mr_-G- » 24 Jul 2017, 23:17

Have a look in the Nord site, they list all the representatives in the world. I believe that there is only 1 for USA and Canada.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
vortmaxx
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby vortmaxx » 25 Jul 2017, 04:48

Thanks. I put in a call. Maybe I won't have to ship the board out there. That would be nice.
vortmaxx

Postby cphollis » 27 Jul 2017, 22:38

Since you appear to be in the US, may I suggest you drop an email to Pablo Mastadon at pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com

Pablo has an extensive list of local techs who are authorized to work on Nords. A while back my NP2 fell and broke some keys. Local tech fixed me up good as new, no shipping required -- just a lengthy drive back and forth.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby pablomastodon » 01 Aug 2017, 21:09

Full Compass in Madtown...

feel free to link me at the email address provided by CP above
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby vortmaxx » 03 Aug 2017, 15:05

Thanks for the responses everyone, especially Pablo. :yourock:

I need the board this weekend so I opened it up again and blew out the contacts of the offending notes. 2 seem to be okay now, but another one is a little softer than its neighbors- the one with the fractured looking contact. It is usable now that the 1 note is not triggering at full velocity. I will be around Madison next week and will see about dropping it off for a check up.
vortmaxx

Postby vortmaxx » 25 Aug 2017, 21:24

So I was able to order a replacement pcb/key contact strip thru Full Compass, with the help of Pablo. The service department was quick and professional with regards to my inquiries, and my email exchanges with Pablo were downright pleasant.

I was told the shipping would take 2-3 weeks, but it only took about a week. :thumbup:

In the meantime, another round of cleaning inside and a couple of gigs seems to have worked loose whatever piece of junk was causing the problem. :wtf:

I have a friend who has an older E2 with the same, intermittent problems. Since the part is apparently compatible with either the 3 or 2, I'm waiting to see if he wants to replace his. Otherwise, I will just hang onto it until this problem (eventually) resurfaces which, now that I have a replacement, will probably be never!
vortmaxx

Return to General Nord Forum