This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

ehx expression pedal compatibility with NE5D 73

Postby attilio » 22 Jun 2017, 20:39

I would like to know about the compatibility of this expression pedal with NE5D.
This expression pedal is very interesting because it has no mechanical or rotating parts and comes out from Electro- Harmonix. In the control pedal types of System menus this one is not included.
Thanks
attilio

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

ehx expression pedal compatibility with NE5D 73

Sponsor

Re: ehx expression pedal compatibility with NE5D 73

Postby cgrafx » 20 Jul 2017, 01:14

attilio wrote:I would like to know about the compatibility of this expression pedal with NE5D.
This expression pedal is very interesting because it has no mechanical or rotating parts and comes out from Electro- Harmonix. In the control pedal types of System menus this one is not included.
Thanks

Its an interesting concept but really not very functional, it has to be calibrated anytime the angle of the floor changes (can't just set it down and go), requires power and, most importantly the pedal doesn't hold position (you can't use it to make an adjustment and remove your foot as it will immediately fall back to its resting position and in the process change your setting).
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby stiiiiiiive » 20 Jul 2017, 09:55

True.

To answer Attilio's question, I think it is ok: the polarities shall be matching.
Minkovski FB
Toxic Overdrive Deezer
DNOT Deezer FB
stiiiiiiive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Spider » 20 Jul 2017, 13:36

I tried it and it is a really cool idea, and obviously doesn't have any potentiometer that can eventually fail.

But I agree with cgrafx criticisms, and also it doesn't stay in one place, as you use it it runs around the floor.
So much that EHX produced a "cradle" to keep it in place.
All considered, I think the disadvantages outweigh the benefits...
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to General Nord Forum