Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

How do I copy a slot in perfm to a slot in another perfm?

Postby GROMoff » 24 Mar 2017, 09:59

Hello all,
I'm relatively new to my A1 and failed to find a solution in the manual, so hopefully you can kindly guide me.
Say, I have a performance D16 which has slots A and C active. Slot A in D16 plays a sound that I need to move to another performance D7 to the same slot A without impacting the other B, C and D slots in D7. What is a proper way to do that?

Another question which roots from here is how do I know what programs shape this or that performance? When I turn D16 on and then press and hold slot A button, the display tells me "1.39", but when I switch back to programs and turn 1.39 on, it's completely different sound, i.e. it has nothing to do with what plays in D16 slot A. The question is then, (a) how do I know what programs are a part of my performance, and (b) why the hell I am shown 1.39 and the sounds won't be the same?

Many thanks in advance.
GROMoff

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

How do I copy a slot in perfm to a slot in another perfm?

Sponsor

Re: How do I copy a slot in perfm to a slot in another perfm

Postby Execbat » 24 Mar 2017, 11:09

I don't have a A1, but it should work like:

Copy+Slot Button A
Change Performance
Shift+Copy(=Paste)+Slot Button A

I am not sure about the press and hold Slot button display thing, but Performances are saved independently of Programs, even if single Slots originated from Programs. If you change and save a Program (in Program mode), it will not change a Performance that was created using this Program. And if you change a Performance, no Program will be affected. Hence sounds can differ.
Last edited by Execbat on 24 Mar 2017, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

The author Execbat was thanked by 3 members, including:
awarthpablomastodonGROMoff
Execbat

Postby Spider » 24 Mar 2017, 12:25

Yes, programs stored into the performances are totally independent from the ones in the program banks.

The numbers in the individual performance slots are meaningless, they only referer to the original program the designer started from, but that will probably have been changed while programming the performance.

Don't think of performance slots as a reference to the program banks. Think of them as entirely new and separate programs... Because that's exactly what they are. ;)
Last edited by Spider on 24 Mar 2017, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

The author Spider was thanked by 2 members, including:
pablomastodonMarlowes
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby GROMoff » 28 Mar 2017, 14:00

Thanks both, it worked exactly as Execbat said in his message.
GROMoff

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum