Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Casio Samples For a Wave Noob (don't hate)?

Postby bygberbrown » 24 Jan 2017, 14:45

Hey, new user, I've just acquired a Nord Wave and am enjoying it as a sort of history of synths in one box. I obviously haven't figured out how to create my own samples yet, but short of doing that, can anyone direct me to anyone else who's created samples of some 80's Casio stuff. I wouldn't mind checking out the Casiotone 410 or the VL-Tone 360, CT-360, which was my childhood keyboard and I'd just want to have mainly for my amusement. Or any retro Casio samples whatsoever, I've googled and searched here and found nothing. I understand its not popular, but still would be curious to see what I can do with the samples and the Nord Wave's knobs.
bygberbrown

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Casio Samples For a Wave Noob (don't hate)?

Sponsor

Re: Casio Samples For a Wave Noob (don't hate)?

Postby Philip » 26 Jan 2017, 12:25

Hi, good choice, the Wave is a fantastic synth!! What I can tell you about the sounds you're looking is that I've searched a very long time on the web to find everything about the Nord Wave and I haven't seen anything about Casio sounds unfortunately. The best you can do is listening every preset (a real pleasure) and when you find something close to what you want, you modify it (that's why the Wave was created!) and I'm sure you can get close to the final goal!

Enjoy!
covertramp.com
facebook.com/pages/Covertramp/181164665406956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7CebH ... e=youtu.be
Philip

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Casio Samples For a Wave Noob (don't hate)?

Postby maxpiano » 26 Jan 2017, 16:12

Google search for .wav samples of those Casio keyboards and then use the Nord Sample Editor to buil .nsmp sample sets out of them
Last edited by maxpiano on 26 Jan 2017, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
pablomastodon
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Wave Forum