Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Restoring Factory Presets

Postby Mr Wombat » 08 Oct 2011, 21:55

Hi everyone I've just joined. How do you restore the factory presets/sounds? Now I know this has been asked before and someone kindly provided a link to the website, but that's no help I'm afraid. I've downloaded two things called Factory Programmes V.3 zip and v3.00Factory.net, but, um, what do you do next? Can someone give a dummy a click by click lesson? Also is there an idiots guide for how to download from the sample library, as this has completely defeated me. The website assumes a certain level of computer literacy that I don't have.
Last edited by Mr Wombat on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Wombat

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Restoring Factory Presets

Sponsor

Re: Restoring Factory Presets

Postby Hanon_CTS » 09 Oct 2011, 02:00

Hello Mr Wombat,
Welcome to the forum!

Once you've downloaded the factory backup .neb file from the Clavia site to a location on your computer that you can easily navigate to.
For the backup file click here:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/ ... actory.neb

Connect your NE3 to your computer via USB, launch Nord sound manager, ensure that it properly connects to your NE3 "will indicate connected in the lower right of the program window".

At this point, I would create a new backup of the instrument's existing programs by clicking "Backup" and waiting about 12 to 18 minutes for it to complete.....

Then...

Click "Restore" and target the .neb file that was downloaded from the Clavia site as being the source file for the restore.

Once again wait 12 or so minutes and when complete you'll have the factory sounds.

The LED display on the NE3 will approximate the percentage completed throughout the process.

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.

The author Hanon_CTS was thanked by 2 members, including:
Mr WombatMarlowes
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Electro Forum