General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Totally frustrated while trying to add new sounds

Postby Rainier » 11 Jan 2017, 02:35

I've had my stage 2 for quite awhile. I generally only use if for the organ and synth patches. I wanted to download the EPNeffertiti. First I deleted all of the sounds on D thinking that would free up the space. However, it appears that the sounds have to be downloaded to the piano partition. I got messages that there wasn't any room in the partition. So I deleted a few pianos which left space for the download. However, there were 4 demo sounds and all I get is one sound. Why is that? Also, of what use is a blank D if I can't load anything into it. I have spent hours trying to do this which should be a simple matter.
Thanks
Rainier

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Totally frustrated while trying to add new sounds

Sponsor

Re: Totally frustrated while trying to add new sounds

Postby pablomastodon » 11 Jan 2017, 05:30

Hi Rainier,

Your frustration is borne of a failure to correctly understand the layout/organization of the instrument. I am your tech support rep and invite you to give me a call sometime when you are with your instrument so that we can run through some things together over the phone. A phone conversation will cut through this much more efficiently than trying to write a lengthy forum post.

A couple quick things, though, to tide you over until then:

A Hohner Clavinet D6 essentially is a single instrument with two sets of pickups, and a variety of configurations in which these can be run. Hohner chose to label these A, B, C and D. Nord chose to conform their clav to the original. Wikipedia will probably be a good source for learning more detail about this.

Blank D contains programs, not samples. The Sample Memory area is for samples. You will see four tabs in Nord Sound Manager, Programs, Piano, Samp Lib, Synths. It is imperative that the SAMP LIB tab be selected when attempting to load .nsmp files.

Bless, Pablo
Nord Tech Support Canada/USA
pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
800-994-4984 x3030
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Rainier » 14 Jan 2017, 21:48

Thank you Pablo. I will give you a call sometime next week.
Rainier

Postby analogika » 15 Jan 2017, 19:09

Programs are combinations of samples/synths, pianos, and organs that you have assigned to different parts of the keyboard. Each program ALWAYS contains two pianos, two samples/synths, two pianos, and two organs, whether you have them switched on or not — even when all you are hearing is a single piano.
This is what is stored in Banks A through D.

The sample storage on your is the raw material available to the synth section. Just because something is in there, doesn't mean that it is actually used by a program. In order to be used by a program, it must be in the sample storage section of your Nord, though.

Same with the pianos and the piano section.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Rainier » 15 Jan 2017, 22:57

:thanx:
Rainier

Return to Nord Stage Forum