Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Drum 3p and Beat Step Pro

Postby samndrum » 14 Nov 2016, 00:30

Hello, I am new to both Nord Drum 3p and Beat Step Pro. I have tried connecting ND3 to BSP via MIDI and the two do not talk when in drum mode on BSP. Has anyone connected the two successfully?
samndrum

Drum 3p and Beat Step Pro

Sponsor

Re: Drum 3p and Beat Step Pro

Postby samndrum » 16 Nov 2016, 03:05

Well, I finally figured it out with the help of a friend. I hope this can help other Nord Drum 3p users as its a really awesome piece of hardware. I had to go into the settings on the beat step pro software and set the individual settings to the midi notes that correspond to the nord drum 3 midi note default settings in the manual, they are something like: 60, 62,64 etc...its important to note the pads were backwards for some odd reason so don't get discouraged. I then had to turn all of the global and individual channels off on each pad of the nord drum on its midi settings.

Overall now that it works its really tight, velocity control is amazing!
samndrum

Re: Drum 3p and Beat Step Pro

Postby JotaTiyus » 10 Jul 2018, 19:10

samndrum wrote:Well, I finally figured it out with the help of a friend. I hope this can help other Nord Drum 3p users as its a really awesome piece of hardware. I had to go into the settings on the beat step pro software and set the individual settings to the midi notes that correspond to the nord drum 3 midi note default settings in the manual, they are something like: 60, 62,64 etc...its important to note the pads were backwards for some odd reason so don't get discouraged. I then had to turn all of the global and individual channels off on each pad of the nord drum on its midi settings.
Overall now that it works its really tight, velocity control is amazing!

Hey man, i am planning on gettint a BSP to control the ND3P. You think its worth it?
thanks!
JotaTiyus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Return to Nord Drum Forum