General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 2 known issues/bugs

Postby Larrybee » 03 Nov 2015, 09:53

thanks it was a fault but had it replaced quickly and new one all working well :thumbup:
Larrybee

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Sponsor

Postby dammydoc » 27 Nov 2015, 21:07

:shifty: Nord Stage 2 ex SW73 (OS v2.10): while using organ programs AND the Nord Sound Manager (v6.74) on a MacBook Pro 15' (IOS El Capitan 10.11.1, the last available...) the stage piano "dies" for a second or two (the sound disappears abruptly... all leds and also the display appear light off...). Then the situation returns to the normal condition in a few moments... This happens sometimes when using the sustain pedal, or while I'm playing... What's the matter? I'm concerned to live about a similar situation in a concert... :thanx:

P.S. I had a Nord Electro 3, I used Organs and Nord Sound Manager on the same Mac at the same time... Never had such a problem for 7 years! :keyboard:
Last edited by dammydoc on 27 Nov 2015, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.
dammydoc

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Rochebrune » 13 Dec 2015, 17:03

Hi,

I have a NS2 EX 76 HP and I have un probleme with the sound for the organ section ... the sound is different on the 1&2 output than on the Headphone Output. Sometime the Org sound disappear on the Headphone, it is very low. I juste have the effect sound (Lesly or reverb) with a normal level. But the sound is still running correctly on the 1&2 output ...

An Idea ???

Thanks

Dom
Rochebrune

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby posmo » 21 Dec 2015, 21:25

Is Dual KB the same as layering? If I split the board to play left hand bass, can I hopefully still have let's say, piano and electric piano or piano and strings or piano and organ above the split? thanks.
posmo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby touchdry » 12 Nov 2016, 04:38

I have a NS2 EX that is one week old. I have found almost consistently that on start up the sustain pedal does not work or sticks on. I have to unplug and replug the pedal, and it will start working after a few attempts. Then I have no problems 99% of the time. But always the first 20 secs or so. Is this a start up loading thing, or a fault? Anyone have any ideas?
touchdry

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Postby Eumel » 12 Nov 2016, 10:18

As mentioned already in another post, there is a small bug: Gating the piano does not gate the pedal noise.

Greets,

Eumel
Nord Stage 4 88
Nord Electro 6 compact
Eumel
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Mr_-G- » 12 Nov 2016, 12:43

touchdry wrote:I have found almost consistently that on start up the sustain pedal does not work or sticks on.

I assume here that you are using the "standard" sustain pedal that comes with the NS2 (i.e. NOT the triple pedal).

Try NOT pressing the pedal while the instrument boots up. Some people do, for unknown reasons (including me :oops: ).
It happened to me a couple of times, perhaps it is the autodetect routine that gets confused.
I set mine to "Closed" type in the System menu.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby pierrevdd » 31 Dec 2016, 19:34

Hello,
Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I've been going crazy trying to solve this. Maybe someone in this happy (and smart !) crowd can help. Here it is :

I have loaded 2 different synth sounds in slots A and B.
From my DAW, I am sending MIDI to channels 5 and 6, respectively synth A and synth B in the NS2.
It does work fine : when I bring slot A in focus on the NS2 and increase/decrease the volume with the synth volume knob, well, the volume of the synth sound for slot A increases/decreases.
Same when I bring slot B in focus.
As expected : in each slot, the synth volume knob controls the volume for the synth sound of the active slot.

BUT ! ...

Trying the exact same concept with PIANO slots A and B, using midi channels 3 and 4, it seems that the volume knob in slot A controls the volume for BOTH slot A and B.
While the volume knob in slot B only control the volume for the piano sound in slot B.

Am I doing something wrong ? Did I miss something in the manual ?

Thanks and happy new year,
P.
pierrevdd

Postby Mr_-G- » 31 Dec 2016, 20:53

Maybe both piano sections are listening to the same MIDI channel? Can't they be set differently?
Mr_-G-

Postby PeteThetrucker » 24 Jan 2017, 17:18

Tried to find an answer on here unsuccessfully. The sustain pedal on my electro 2 doesn't work. Thought it might be a dodgy pedal, so I bought another one, MGear, the same as the old one. No luck. Tried the control 7 polarity fix, as mentioned elsewhere on here, but no luck. Tried in the other pedal inputs, likewise. Stuck! (I'm in a remote part of Brasil so no dealer)
PeteThetrucker

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum