Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

nord piano 3 lowest KBD touch

Postby sunesi » 08 Oct 2016, 20:15

hello to all,
just bought NP3.
I,m wondering how to set the keyboard to the lowest KBD touch.
If I understand there are 4 dynamic options (the user manual said that by the
lowest setings all leds are unlit), but I can only choose between 1-3 with leds on.
thank you for your answer.
best regards
sunesi
sunesi

nord piano 3 lowest KBD touch

Sponsor

Re: nord piano 3 lowest KBD touch

Postby derrellpiper » 09 Oct 2016, 01:52

More is less, in this case I think. So 3 would be least effort.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Postby De fursaK NE5 » 09 Oct 2016, 04:34

If I am correct,
No lights is no dynamics at all, the sound is at the same volume when u play hard or soft.
Light 1, the hardest curve. This one is close to an upright.
Light 2, middle curve, more easy to reach hard tones, the sound is brighter, you can hear it good with EP's.
Light 3, the easiest way to hit very hard with a soft touch.

Cheers
De fursaK
De fursaK NE5

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby jackdwosh » 09 Oct 2016, 04:45

I've wondered about this keyboard touch issue on the NP3 as well. I can only get 1/2/ or 3 lighted positions. I can't get "no lights". The user manual definitely mentions "four dynamic levels"- I can only achieve three on the NP3. Am I missing something??
jackdwosh

Postby kaljo » 09 Oct 2016, 08:39

The manual only mention 3 touch settings for the piano-section: "The lowest KBD TOUCH setting (1) facilitates playing softly yet expressively. With each increment of the Kbd Touch setting (2, 3) less effort is required to play loudly." In the sample synth section you can turn off dynamics for both amp and filter. "When deactivated – that is when no leds are lit – the dynamic range will be limited, meaning that samples will always play back at close to full velocity."
Yamaha CLP 411, Yamaha S30, Nord Piano 3
kaljo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby sunesi » 09 Oct 2016, 09:05

After opening the subject, I did some more research.
I found out, that Nord has changed their specification without prior notification.
The newest revised user manual operates only with 3 touch settings, but mine and jackdwosh,s
still has 4 possibilities and Nord on its site today for this item still advertise 4 dynamic curves.
Coming from NS classic my main issue was "to light KB",with not much dynamic, reaching
max forte to easily in the "hardest setting", especialy when amplified loud to come out in te mix, so I used
more melow pianos, not the bright one. ok, the latest are fine for pop and rock, but not for jazz.
The De fursaK explanation is possible, but not the right one regarding written on Nord site and old manual.
This keybed is definite improvement, but one havier settings would still be welcome, espacialy for fazzioli and other
bright samples.
ok it is not a vw dieselgate:), but what Nord has done is misleading consumers practise.
in my case, decision for buying was regarding that issue.
regards,
sunesi
sunesi

Postby BDkeys » 07 Aug 2023, 02:06

Does anyone know if KBD touch has any effect on the sound when you are controlling pianos from an external controller (say an 88 key weighted keyboard controlling a piano sound on a Stage 3 Compact)?
BDkeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum