Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Postby Payback1 » 26 Aug 2016, 16:09

My cover band does a killer version of the old Ides of March tune.Im having an issue with finding the correct brass sound. The Pop Brass sections are working but I find the really bright and shrill even when eq'd down.Any suggestions for that full yet warmer sound?
Payback1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Sponsor

Re: Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Postby jfenton » 26 Aug 2016, 16:14

I'm also finding the brass samples of Nord are not to my liking. I will likely sample some brass sounds off of my Kork Triton Extreme when I find the time. If I do , I will post them on this forum. Did you search the forum for better brass samples?
Keyboards:
  • NS2 EX Compact 73
  • Hammond SK2
  • Roland VCombo VR-09
  • Roland A800-Pro
  • Behringer Motor 49
  • Alesis Q88
jfenton
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby ericL » 26 Aug 2016, 21:33

I don't do brass too often, but when I do, I like HornTrio+Baryton and also BrassSect f Fall
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by:
chatfd
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby chatfd » 27 Aug 2016, 19:13

I totally agree with that (re: brass on the NE5).

When I moved from a NE4 - the brass on the NE5D was not to my liking. I was a little disappointed. Yet, I did exactly what ericL said using the
ericL wrote:I don't do brass too often, but when I do, I like HornTrio+Baryton and also BrassSect f Fall
sample on the NE5D. I tweaked it a lot. Took longer than I expected - yet, the NE5 is more complex - takes time to find what one likes. Then the amp, than the .... Keep hacking at it - it will work eventually. I wish we all had more time to experiment.

My band also plays VEHICLE and even though I have pretty much what I like + want on the NE5d - with a KB split (B3 on the lower end - brass above - for Vehicle and 25 or 6 to 4) ... I still own & use a NE4D which is easy (I'm time challenged) to use the Brass Setting that I do like and still use at gigs! HANG IN THERE!
chatfd

Postby turakainen » 29 Aug 2016, 14:00

Hello,
can you share NE4- brass-sample here?
turakainen

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby chatfd » 29 Aug 2016, 17:32

turakainen wrote:Hello,
can you share NE4- brass-sample here?

I'm not close to my Nord to verify, but, I believe it was on line HERE: http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... wind-brass
I'm 95% sure it was THIS sample: (HornTrio+Baryton_Split_ste CLv4) that's included in the bundle you can still download from Nord. Of course it needs to be tweaked and EQ'd to your liking. I hope it helps! Nothing is better than real brass - but a lot more of a pay-share! Too bad the Nord does not get a share! lol
chatfd

Return to Nord Electro Programs