Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Triple Pedal Springs Breaking

Postby carbonrod » 16 Feb 2016, 15:10

Last edited by carbonrod on 11 Aug 2016, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
carbonrod

Triple Pedal Springs Breaking

Sponsor

Re: Triple Pedal Springs Breaking

Postby Darren » 19 Jun 2016, 10:50

Exactly the same thing has happened on my triple pedal. I stripped it down and the springs look to be made from some kind of alloy. The break is right in the middle.

To get me through last night's gig, I used the spring from the soft pedal on the sustain then used half of the broken sring on the soft pedal but placed it on the black rubber stopper near the front of the pedal (if you own one, you'll know what I mean).

I'm going to go to a hardware shop and see if I can find something suitable made from steel.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Wave, CME UF60, Studiologic VMK 161 Plus Organ, Roland Juno G, Yamaha P200, Yamaha TG77, Roland U-220, Kawai K3M, Roland Juno 60, Fender Rhodes Stage 73
Darren
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby carbonrod » 12 Jul 2016, 19:02

Last edited by carbonrod on 11 Aug 2016, 21:55, edited 2 times in total.
carbonrod

Postby Mr Nordic » 10 Mar 2018, 21:48

So no springs (parts) available for the broken pedal spring problem from Nord?

If not, where you you ultimately find a suitable spring?

Please advise.

Mr. Nordic
Mr Nordic

Postby David Withers » 09 Jun 2020, 12:14

My sustain pedal spring has just broken, right in the middle and the only option for now is to swap the soft pedal one. Seems like it's a common issue. I'm hoping to find a replacement somewhere here in the UK. Any advice gratefully received.
David Withers

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby CRClemens » 11 Jun 2020, 18:26

I ran into the same problem about one and a half year ago.
First I have tried to contact thomann, where I had bought the Triple Pedal many years ago. It took several weeks for them to write a statement, that they will be able to deliver a new spring for the pedal. And after that statement it took about 2 more months until I had the springs at home.
In the meantime I had searched the internet for hours and found a store in Denmark which sells springs seperately and where you don't need to order hundreds of them and they are delivering also for private use!
These springs are NOT exactly the same as the ones that are used originally in the Triple Pedal but for me they are working fine up to now. They have more windings and are made from different material but the force in the pedal feels nearly the same and the length and diameter are fitting perfectly as you can see in the attached picture.
At this time I also ordered 3 of them in case the force is to different and I need to exchange them at all 3 pedals. But I have never felt the need to do so. And also after receiving the "original" springs from thomann I never used them to replace the "false" one.
You can find them at the shop of Sodemann Industries, for UK just go to https://www.industrial-springs.com/518 but they also have a German, US and many more international shops! With delivery I had only paid 17,50€ for 3 springs, which is a really good price. :thumbup: Just use the search function and look for article no. 518 (or click on the link above).

Thomann took about 12€ per spring (I bought 2 of them) plus delivery. I also looked up my thomann invoice and they stated the sparepart-number "SP1038733" there. Maybe this can help to speed up the order process, if it is not a single use number?!

20200611_181531.jpg
original (top) and replacement (bottom) spring I ordered from sodemann
20200611_181531.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2737 times

Good luck,

Clemens

The author CRClemens was thanked by 2 members, including:
FZieglerNordlicht
CRClemens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby David Withers » 15 Jun 2020, 12:56

Thank you Clemens for a very helpful reply. Greatly appreciated. I shall follow in your footsteps.

David
David Withers

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby anderl » 13 Jan 2023, 09:29

Thank you Clemens!!

I had the same problem (luckily during rehearsal and a week before the next gig!).
Greatly appreciated!

Anderl.
anderl

Postby CRClemens » 18 Jan 2023, 13:56

Quick update: I had no issues at all since then. The new spring survived the last 3 years of rehearsals and gigs.

The author CRClemens was thanked by 2 members, including:
FZieglerNordlicht
CRClemens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum