Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Soundbank management .... having some issues

Postby jooga1972 » 12 Mar 2016, 17:20

Hey fellow Nord Drummers,
Today I installed the Nord Drum Manager app on my Macbook because,for the very first time, I wanted to back up my custom kits and also load same some artist soundpacks into my ND2. It more or less worked with the following issues:

1. Was unable to send factory bank 1 into the laptop as the process stopped halfway thru and got the "read error" message. Had no trouble with sending all the other banks over to the mac. Note: I have modifed/customized kits in each factory bank so tampering with stock sounds should not cause any import/export bugs, I presume.

2. I downloaded all the artist kits and managed to load them into the ND2 with the exception of the Boska-pack. The transfer always goes without any problems and the destination bank IS overwritten ... all with INIT sounds...i doubt that's how Boska's custom work sounds like. :) I tried with different banks with the same result. Other artist packs transferred all right.

I use a mid-2010 Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.1 and my main interface is a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Any hints or thoughts on these issues will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabor
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Soundbank management .... having some issues

Sponsor

Re: Soundbank management .... having some issues

Postby wartaler » 12 Mar 2016, 18:40

Hi Gabor,
@problem 1: Strange, I will try some things here to replicate later, I agree it shouldn't matter whether it's a modified factory bank or not

@problem 2: on what OS is your ND2 running? Did you manage to work with the Tilliander bank?
The reason I ask is because the Boska and Tilliander banks are made with OS3.00,
I remember that loading a bank made with a newer OS than the OS installed on your ND2 results in 'init' sounds.
So if your ND2 is still at 2.x you need to update it first to OS 3.0 in order to use those 2 banks..
Last edited by wartaler on 12 Mar 2016, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular

The author wartaler was thanked by:
jooga1972
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: Soundbank management .... having some issues

Postby jooga1972 » 12 Mar 2016, 23:37

wartaler wrote:Hi Gabor,
@problem 1: Strange, I will try some things here to replicate later, I agree it shouldn't matter whether it's a modified factory bank or not

@problem 2: on what OS is your ND2 running? Did you manage to work with the Tilliander bank?
The reason I ask is because the Boska and Tilliander banks are made with OS3.00,
I remember that loading a bank made with a newer OS than the OS installed on your ND2 results in 'init' sounds.
So if your ND2 is still at 2.x you need to update it first to OS 3.0 in order to use those 2 banks..

Hey Albert,
Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot!

With regard to problem nr.2., it just occurred to me that until now I'd been on OS 2.24! I bought the ND2 new last summer and for some reason I was convinced that it came with the latest OS. This explains why the Boska and Tilliander banks (you were right again, that one didn't load properly either..) couldn't be saved on the unit. I've just updated to OS3 and everything seems to work as before. This is true for being unable to send bank 1 to my Mac so if it's a bug it seems to persist, maybe one of the soundfiles is corrupted or something. I have but a few modified kits in P1 so I'll try to send the factory bank 1 to the ND and see if it changes anything for the better.

Thanks again!
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum