Couple of notes stopped working during gig

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
danrv
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Couple of notes stopped working during gig

Post by danrv »

Hi
On a gig last weekend, the D above middle C and I think one other middle area note just stopping working on my Stage 2 HA76. A couple of songs are just piano intro so had to work around it.
I turned the keyboard off then on again at the gig but still the same.
I then checked it afterwards and it was ok and has been since.

It doesn't seem like a physical fault.
Any help appreciated.
Last edited by danrv on 10 Mar 2016, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.
pterm
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Re: Couple of notes stopped working during gig

Post by pterm »

@danrv:
The usual cause of single keys ceasing to work is debris getting into the contacts of the key switches.
My guess is when you loaded out from the gig, your keyboard was stored/transported in a vertical orientation (e.g., with the rear of the keyboard skyward) and the debris fell out. If true, you avoided having to disassemble the keybed to clean it out. --Let us know if this could have happened.

@norduserforum:
The next time this happens to someone, maybe we should suggest attempting to clear key-contact debris using gravity... with luck it might save a gig or downtime for cleaning. Thoughts?
danrv
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Couple of notes stopped working during gig

Post by danrv »

Yes, that's the only explanation I can think of. Thanks for the reply.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.