Controlling frequency on an expression pedal

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
bek_fazza
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX

Controlling frequency on an expression pedal

Post by bek_fazza »

Greeting fellow Nord owners,
So most of the playing I do is live and one of the biggest struggles I have is turning the frequency of a synth down or up during a two hand riff. I was wondering if you need a specific expression pedal to do that job (if its possible) because most of the ones I have looked at seem to just be for volume. Thank you in advance for any replies! (And sorry If this topic has previously been discussed ~ just link me to said forum if it exists :) )

~ Rebekah
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Re: Controlling frequency on an expression pedal

Post by RedLeo »

You can do this easily. First, you need to connect your pedal to the Control Pedal socket instead of the Swell Pedal socket.

You actually set it to operate the Frequency control by using the Morph function - it's pretty easy. First, set your pedal in the up position and then set your Frequency control to the lowest setting you want. Then, press and hold the CTRLPED button in the Morph Assign section (in the top centre of the front panel). While holding it, push your pedal fully up and then turn the Frequency knob setting to the highest setting you want. [In the LED ring around the Frequency knob you should now see two lights indicating the full up/full down positions of your expression pedal]. Release the CNTRLPED button and you're done.

You can clear the Morph setting by holding the Shift button while pressing the CTRLPED button again. Note that you can set the start and end points wherever you like - you can even reverse the direction if you want.
These users thanked the author RedLeo for the post (total 2):
pablomastodon, bek_fazza