Upgrading Electro 3 to 5 but soprano sax patch won't load

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
mfish
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Upgrading Electro 3 to 5 but soprano sax patch won't load

Post by mfish »

Just got the Electro 5D73 and was trying to load the files that I had on my Electro 3 on to it but came across "download failed" "The file "Soprano_Sax" has undefined version. The OS currently installed in your Nord Electro 5 only supports samples of version 1.x or 2.x"

Is there a way to convert the file to make it a version 1 or 2? It's one of my favorite patches from my E3.

Thanks for the help!
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Upgrading Electro 3 to 5 but soprano sax patch won't loa

Post by maxpiano »

It is the second case showing this error,see http://www.norduserforum.com/general-no ... 10147.html which now makes me think this is something Nord has to fix either in the NSM or the sample..

EDIT: the latest Nord Sample Manager doesn't have this bug anymore, use it instead of the NSM to load that sample on the NE5
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Dec 2015, 16:14, edited 4 times in total.
mfish

Post by mfish »

Maxpiano,

Thank you. I'll try using the sample manager. Hope that works. By any chance, would you happen to know if I can control the volume of the organ on the E5 like you could on the E3 with the control pedal?

Have a Happy New Year!
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ericL »

Yes you can use the control pedal for volume on NE5 organ. Good luck sorting out the sample issue.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

This "unsupported version" message issue seems to have arrived with NSM v6.80. With the introduction of v2 samples and their incompatibility with instruments whose OS has not been updated, Nord has inserted some software code to pay more attention to versions. Apparently the Soprano Sax sample (and a few others) are from among the very first samples made for the library and have no version data included in the file.

It's not accurate to say that Nord Sample Editor "doesn't have this bug anymore." The "bug" which has apparently been introduced in NSM v6.80 has not yet been added to NSE.

This is all theory and not confirmed yet, but as the bits and pieces of the puzzle have trickled in over the past two weeks, this seems to the most likely scenario. Final confirmation will probably occur next week or so.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Good, so it sounds like Nord has to decide whether to fix the NsM or the .nsmp files having an unspecified version (in this case they can add the version control to the NSE too) ;)
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Dec 2015, 16:13, edited 5 times in total.
mfish

Post by mfish »

Hi Pablomastodon and Maxpiano,

Thank you again for your insight and I hope there'll be a fix coming from Nord. My other biggest frustration with the 5D73 compared to the 3 61 is that I can't control the volume of the organ with the control pedal. When I set the 5D73 to ctrl pedal it works like a swell pedal which I never liked on the real Hammond either. I really need to control the complete volume from the pedal since my left hand is playing a Korg Kronos most of the time. Did I miss something in the manual or is it just not possible? Please help me because it's driving me crazy.
Have a Happy New Year! Thanks!
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Happy New Year! I am sorry but it looks like it is not possible at the moment, read http://www.norduserforum.com/nord-elect ... t9996.html

An external audio stereo volume pedal such as the Boss FV500L would be a temporary workaround, hoping Nord will add the option in a futur OS release
Last edited by maxpiano on 01 Jan 2016, 11:00, edited 3 times in total.
mfish

Post by mfish »

Thanks maxpiano for the info, but gee whiz, that's really disappointing, why would they take that feature away since there was that option on the Electro3 between "swell" and "volume"? I got my E5D73 for christmas and took it to the gig figuring it would work like the E3 so I spent most of my setup time trying look for the volume option in system menu where the E3 has it. This volume thing is a real problem for me and I'm even thinking about sending it back, Nord, please fix!