Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Live mode

Postby pablomastodon » 07 Aug 2015, 21:03

oyarsa wrote:The Nord logic is pretty cool. Don't be afraid to overwrite the factory stuff.

+1!! By all means, overwrite the factory stuff. MAKE IT YOUR OWN!

pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Sponsor

Postby maxpiano » 08 Aug 2015, 10:49

pablomastodon wrote:
oyarsa wrote:The Nord logic is pretty cool. Don't be afraid to overwrite the factory stuff.

+1!! By all means, overwrite the factory stuff. MAKE IT YOUR OWN!

pablo

++1! :thumbup:
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby SingerNick » 12 Aug 2015, 13:02

pablomastodon wrote:The single case in which I have very rarely used Live Mode is when engaged in some heavy duty programming exercise, such as trying to "translate" synth programs from Stage Classic/EX to Stage 2. When I have a program nearly where I want it to go, I might store it into all five Live Mode locations on my NS2. This allows me to have five "practice dummies" on which I can continue to tweak in different directions and then very easily A/B/C/D/E compare them without having to go through a separate store operation each time I switch from one to the other.

The Live Mode is actually the last feature I needed to conquer on the NP2. I got pretty comfortable with my programs and the samples themselves so I never felt a need to experiment and find a use for it. Your advice was perfect though—I loaded up the new DX7 "Rubba Roads" 5 times in the piano slot and then started adding Nord's various DX7 samples in the synth section. Some of the layers have chorus, phaser, reverb etc... resulting in 5 very different FM synth sounds after a few minutes of experimenting and comparing each slot.

Because the Live Mode was completely unused before, it now feels like I have two keyboards: my trusted NP2 and some sort of frankenstein sampled DX7. Very cool, thanks Pablo!
Nord Piano 2, Roland RD-64

The author SingerNick was thanked by:
pablomastodon
SingerNick

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum