Electro 4HP bag or flightcase

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
rb4u1
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Re: Electro 4HP bag or flightcase

Post by rb4u1 »

Yes, definitely 61 keys. I use an electro 3 with 61 keys.
jperiod
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by jperiod »

Vinslom Bardy wrote:A word of caution: a Nord Electro 4 SW73 does NOT fit into the 42" Plano hard case described above. It would also stand to reason that it is also too small for a 4HP as well. Perhaps rb4u1 was referring to a 61-key Nord when he/she made the recommendation, or perhaps the 73-key Nord 3's are much smaller than the 4's.

Regardless, the 42" Plano case listed above is too small to hold a 73 key Nord Electro 4.
If you follow the link to that case (http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... &c=76&s=76) and look at the dimensions, it gives the following:
Interior Length 42.75 in
Interior Width 15.13 in
Interior Depth 5.38 in

Per the clavia web site the dimensions for the Electro 4 HP are the following:
Length 42.4"
Depth 4.8",
Width 13.5"

So, unless I am missing something it looks like the Nord Electro 4 HP will fit in the case at that link with .35" of clearance on the end, .58" on the top, and 1.68" front/back.
Are the interior dimensions not accurate?

JW
Last edited by jperiod on 17 Mar 2013, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
chatfd
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by chatfd »

For those who have gone the Plano route versus the more expensive hard keyboard cases .... & as Vinsolm Bardy said about the NE4sw73 and others regarding DIMENSIONS if the keyboard FITS in the case one may buy ... I'm thinking a Plano # 108199 (which has wheels: wheels are worth it) & the inside dimensions - but a STRANGE (to some) look & color (hmmm, maybe spray paint it red?) with its name & logo :shock: ). ~ $160 +/-ten bucks! I have found one in stock that I plan to take my Nord out & SEE it for myself. *- http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?PID=878
-----------------> also ----->
*-http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Scoped-Rifl ... d_sbs_sg_5
or this one which is NOT green or labeled ---->
**- http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Scop ... ano+108190

What I'd like to know ---> what are the positives about the Plano cases? What are the cons? An ATA hard shell case for a 61 can weigh 24 lbs. These larger Plano models I listed are 22-24 lbs. A larger Rock Hard case would top 30 lbs for a sw73. Ouch on the back, arms, & wallet!

Compared to a Rock Hard (http://www.rockhardcases.com/index.php? ... oard-cases) ATA 61-case, which with wheels is heavy, but VERY do-able (I have a used one: 24 lbs!), you save about $300 compared to a Plano case. But protection wise, I've not seen many better than the Rock Hard! For a Plano, if someone would put their guns in such a case, which I'd imagine cost as much (or more) as a "new" NORD (I have NO idea) ... how well protected is the keyboard? Would or HAS anyone taken a Plano with their Keys through the baggage compartment on a trip - airline wise? +/-?

Plano (depending on how well & long they hold up) likely protects "better" than a gig bag (I still have a gig bag) ... & for sure on the local gig scene if one's Nord is inside a Plano versus a soft Nord gig bag & someone's feet steps on it ... Like I said, I've no idea about how a Plano is used for it's intended items or what they would weigh versus a Nord! (A Nord sw73 is under 20 lbs ... compared to ---> http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_weight.htm) The Plano cases imply room for "TWO" scoped items versus "one keyboard" - so, doesn't this all seems in the ballpark - right?

And the Plano cases are less expensive than SKB cases - as SKB cases seem "up-scaled" price wise due to the fact they are selling to keyboardists. A savings of $100-$200++. Heck, some SKB specs say "empty" inside. Let alone some internal weird dimensions!
* Nord Electro 4 SW73: 1120 mm (44.1"), 100 mm (3.9"), 300 mm (11.8"); * Nord Electro 4 HP: 1078 mm (42.4"), 121 mm (4.8"), 344 mm (13.5")

What say ye - out in Nord land? Thanks for your thoughts & opinions!

CH
rb4u1

Post by rb4u1 »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0029KDHR ... mdp_mobile

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0029KKWT ... -1&pi=SL75

I believe these links may give someone more information towards the cases that they might be looking at.
I would suggest knowing all your dimensions.
chatfd

Post by chatfd »

rb41u1,

your links are not correctly formatted. I had that issue when I tried to post links on my email.

Anyway ... I just returned from Dick's Sporting Goods where a Plano 108199 case was in stock on the shelf. Fits GREAT! Feels GREAT, looks, a little strange - I feel like the violinist who has something ELSE in the violin case ... but internal dimensions has some extra space: a little big, but I can fix THAT. Much easier than if the case was too small.
And I LOVE the wheels! They were missing the keys to lock it, so I am waiting on them to get that fixed, order another, whatever.
I WILL be buying this for sure. More strength than a GIG bag, and with those wheels, less of a DRAG to carry on my back & shoulder.

My main question above was NOT about size, but about "USAGE." For all those who have or DO use a Plano case for their keyboard(s), what have they experienced? Has it cracked? Have they used it only locally in a car. Have they shipped it or had it in the belly of an airplane? How did it hold up, and how well protected was their keyboard. How did the foam hold up?

That's all. But even before I really need it (by late next month) ... I was VERY VERY pleased on how the NE4 fit. I had & sold a hard case that was on the cheap. This seems MUCH nicer.
I was just looking for other opinions and thoughts! Have a great day and weekend!
rb4u1

Post by rb4u1 »

ThAt's cool that you got to put your hands on one.
I use my Plano 108420 with my E3-61 & purchased the AW 108360 at a
Wal-mart Black Friday sale. I have used both locally & prefer the
extra space in the 108420 for cables & pedals. The case seems
tougher than a gig bag & isn't a lot heavier. I was unaware of the links
Not working. Basically they connect you to Amazon/optic planets.
These users thanked the author rb4u1 for the post:
chatfd
chatfd

Post by chatfd »

In the store it was the "same" price as on their web site. Cheaper than most Amazon if not all, sites. What is weird these days, we all spend so much time searching on the web, time is money too! And it's harder to return if damaged or whatever. Glad it will be local all the way around! Yet I've had great success with a company for regular musical stuff when damaged they tend to send another. Blows me away!

This Plano case also has some "wiggle room." The way I see it, it's about protecting the Nord. Beyond that, what works, fits and causes no damage to the Nord is an additional winner! I have strong luggage bags that do all my cables & such.

As far as the links that are specific with lots of different characters, I found one has to go to the full editor and highlight the link to get SOME of the pasted links to look & work right. Well, as it is almost Good Friday, I wish that sale would come soon!

Have a great Day!
cjfox

Post by cjfox »

Thanks guys, I bought the bigger case for my electro 3 73, fits perfect. Got it at Canadian Tire, for cheaper than to have it shipped from amazon.
Attachments
electro3.jpg
electro3.jpg (467.92 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
Last edited by cjfox on 04 Apr 2013, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
morrisseysixman
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Does NE2 73 fit in Plano Rifle Case 108420/108421?

Post by morrisseysixman »

Hello,

Longtime lurker; first time poster. Does the NE2 73 fit in this Plano case? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Gun-Gua ... k/20893846. The advertised internal width of the case is 43" and the NE2 73 is about 43.5".

One poster in this thread says that the NE4 SW73 does NOT fit in this case but the NE2 73 is a tad shorter than the NE4, so I'm wondering if it just fits? I realize there are other cases that would work but this one is so darn affordable ($69!), I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not it works before I order it.

Thanks!
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

Hi morriseysixman,

Dude, this is walmart we're talking about here. They will take ANYTHING back if you decide you don't like it.

However, my concern would be that if the side to side dimension is that tight, there will be NO meaningful side to side protection. Are you planning on flying with this thing in the case? That would be a bad move. Perhaps for around town it would be okay. Loaded into trailer alongside lots of other cases for road trips? Maybe okay, maybe not. I use the soft gig bag for around town and SKB i-5014 for traveling.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun