electro 2 as master midi keyboardproblem

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
elobito
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

electro 2 as master midi keyboardproblem

Post by elobito »

hello everyone,
i got a question i got concerning my electro 2. i checked the manual and forum but didn't find anything related.

i'm using my electro 2 as the master keyboard for my moog and roland desktop synthesizers. although i tried everything in the settings of those two, the electro sends midi controll messages from almost every controller on its surface that has weird effects on the parameters on the synths. octave up / down for example changes the setting on the filter of the moog. i connected the midi to my computer and it showed that it's constantly receiving MIDI-information from the electro, regardless of me playing / moving knobs on the electro or not.

is there a way to set the electro so it only sends the keyboards messages (note on/off, velocity)?

best regards, elobito
rtuckr
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Re: electro 2 as master midi keyboardproblem

Post by rtuckr »

I don't know of a way. You could try a MIDI filter, like those offered with iConnectivity interfaces or on a few iPad apps (e.g., MIDI Flow).
These users thanked the author rtuckr for the post:
elobito
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: electro 2 as master midi keyboardproblem

Post by pablomastodon »

Hi Elobito,

There are some Nord instruments which have available switches located in the midi menu which can enable/disable pgm chg and cc message transmission/reception. The Electro 2 is not one of them. Perhaps your Moog and/or Roland have filters which can be enabled, or as rtuckr suggested, you could insert a hardware or software device between your Nord and the desktop units to perform this filtration for you.

Bless,

Pablo
These users thanked the author pablomastodon for the post:
elobito
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun