Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Lead A1 power cable

Postby PDHNord » 07 Apr 2015, 21:29

Hi everyone, I have had an A1R for a while now, and it's quickly become my favorite synth. However, I have one question. I noticed that the power cable has a bit of give to it. It doesn't "click" into place. You just sort of push it in until it can't be pushed in anymore. What I've noticed is that you can wiggle the plug up and down some even after it's fully plugged in. Is this "play" typical? I just don't want the plug to fall out during a live performance (it seems quite snug but wiggly).
PDHNord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Nord Lead A1 power cable

Sponsor

Re: Nord Lead A1 power cable

Postby ljefe » 08 Apr 2015, 20:46

I have this issue with my A1 and it has dislodged while the synth was on so be very careful. I've re-arranged my keyboard area a bit to compensate, but if I was playing live I would take it to a tech to find a permanent solution. I don't know why they chose to use an ill-fitting jack or cable (I don't know which is the culprit).

It isn't typical with my gear, the A1 is the only piece I have that has this problem.

The author ljefe was thanked by:
PDHNord
ljefe

Postby PDHNord » 15 Apr 2015, 18:36

Thanks, good to know mine doesn't need to be exchanged, but that is a pretty dumb problem.
PDHNord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby littleboss » 03 May 2020, 12:11

It is kind of sad when you pay 1799 + tax for something and the power connector is flaccidly and loosely situated in its socket.
Putting insult to injury is the 30/60hz HUM you get with the A1 that you can hear from 10 feet away.
Is this what handmade is all about?
littleboss

Postby PauloF » 19 Aug 2020, 18:50

Hello,
I´m a happy owner of a Electro 6D and just bought a Lead A1 to make her company.

Question: does it generate hum while using headphones connected directly to he A1? if it does, then probably your A1 is not in good shape.

Regarding Hum and Noise, mine is completely silent, and from my 40 years long experience with music and sound, I can say that hum is normally caused by bad shielding or by ground loops, which is very common.
Try to do some experiments replacing the output cables by better ones, or by connecting one channel at a time, for example.
Last edited by PauloF on 19 Aug 2020, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Make Music and be Happy!!
Cheers,
PauloF

Numa compact2 stage piano, Korg iM1, iWavestation, iElectribe, ARP Odyssei, Moog Animoog, Sunrizer
PauloF

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mr_-G- » 19 Aug 2020, 20:44

Noise from shielding and ground loops is unrelated to transformer noise/vibration that does not get in the audio signal.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby PauloF » 19 Aug 2020, 21:09

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought i was on the signal path...(I should have read it more carefully though...)

In that case, you're right, it must be Transformer mechanical vibration. Is it still under warranty?
Last edited by PauloF on 19 Aug 2020, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Make Music and be Happy!!
Cheers,
PauloF

Numa compact2 stage piano, Korg iM1, iWavestation, iElectribe, ARP Odyssei, Moog Animoog, Sunrizer
PauloF

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum